What are you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
appleman said:
I had enough dust for the day today working in the winery construction.

It is just too rainy outside now to do anything in the vineyard, so I decided with it only 50 something out today I would make dinner. Tomorrow is my oldest son's Birthday, so I asked him if he minded if I made him Lasagna- so that is what I am up to now. A nice slow long duration lasagna bake....................................

Really, really hot & muggy - someone said 105 with the heat index.
So we took our son and his guests to WDW yesterday.

I can't believe I am saying this but 50 would have been good!

Resting from the last 2 days of post hole digging through a lot of rock....

Broke the post hole digger on Saturday and had to run and go get a new one. Got my money out of the old one. Bought it new in 1982!
smiley3.gif
Built my first cedar picket fence with in. I got 9 more vines planted for a total of 18 and I probably have another 9-10 more to go but they are thinning out finally and I have their spots all picked out.
smiley1.gif

Cleaned three cases of regular bottles and four cases of Ice Wine bottles. I have three more cases of ice wine bottles soaking for later. Now I am headed up to Cleveland to go to Trickers to look for Aquatic Plants.

Xmas in June is right! Second day in a row UPS driver dropped off boxes. George, thanks for all the peanuts! I really appreciate the three wine kits you threw in with them. Tomorrow will be a big day racking the primaries to make room for the next batches.

Hopefully soon here I can order a xmas present. Ive been been a good boy and saving for the crusher destemmer and am getting there. Soon Ill be able to ferment with the big boys! Good lord could you imagine the amount of peanuts thats going to come in that huge box. Ill be getting the big manual crusher most likely and then ill hit up appleman for the plans on his brackets, motor and chain and sprocket set up.

Today I had the main winery floor poured. The room we did was 14 by 32 feet and slopes all ways to two floor drains. We put a smooth power troweled finish on it, but did leave it just a tad rough. Smoother than a broom finish, but just enough raised grit to keep it from being slippery when wet- which I plan on quite a bit of. One step closer to a finished winery.

Next up, I need to power wash the walls and ceiling, let it dry good and then paint everything in that room. Then I cam move all the winery stuff back in there and begin on the tasting room and outside siding as time and funds permit.

appleman said:
Today I had the main winery floor poured. The room we did was 14 by 32 feet and slopes all ways to two floor drains. We put a smooth power troweled finish on it, but did leave it just a tad rough. Smoother than a broom finish, but just enough raised grit to keep it from being slippery when wet- which I plan on quite a bit of.

Hey Rich, did you put in lines before you poured your floor for in floor heatingfor the future?

Pics! Pics or it didn't happen!
20100625_091340_goodjob.gif

appleman said:
Today I had the main winery floor poured. The room we did was 14 by 32 feet and slopes all ways to two floor drains. We put a smooth power troweled finish on it, but did leave it just a tad rough. Smoother than a broom finish, but just enough raised grit to keep it from being slippery when wet- which I plan on quite a bit of. One step closer to a finished winery.

Next up, I need to power wash the walls and ceiling, let it dry good and then paint everything in that room. Then I cam move all the winery stuff back in there and begin on the tasting room and outside siding as time  and funds permit.

Tonight I had the great pleasure of having dinner with one of our newer membersDoug (FFEMT128) and his family. Doug's daughter Becca was in town for orientation at Edinboro University all day and we met for dinner before they left to go back home to Pittsburgh. We shared a few bottles of wine at an outdoor restaurant on the lake. Of course I behaved and didn't tell his daughter about the bars she could get into..LOL

Doug and his family
Dougandfamily.jpg

And are you gonna be a SPY who reports back to dad?
smiley18.gif

tepe said:
And are you gonna be a SPY who reports back to dad?
smiley18.gif

Spy..No Way!

Enabler..Maybe
smiley17.gif

Actually I think her dad already had a talk with her..."this is the guy I warned you about"! Dinner was probably just so she could identify me in the future! LMAO

Fine looking family there! Keep an eye on that Dan guy though, Ive heard he's a stalker!
smiley3.gif
I hope he didnt try and make you drink any of his swill Doug! Just kidding, Dan makes some damn good wine!

Just saw this post here. It was good being able to meet Dan for dinner. I already told my daughter if she needed anything in an emergency to give him a call. Of course I also told Dan to smack her upside the head before I get there if she gets in any trouble.
smiley36.gif

Bottling Day!!!!

In order Concord Pyment, Blueberry Agave, Agave, Peach Ice Wine.

20100706_150914_DSCN5816_Deskto.JPG

looks good. But, how did you make Peach Ice Wine?

Kit I guess?

Latest posts

Back