Mosti Mondiale Vinifera Noble Suggestions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveWeasel

Junior
Reaction score
Have people on this forum had success with the VN reds? I've heard good stories about the whites but not as much about the reds. I'm looking to make a red for quicker drinking while my En Primeurs, Crushendos and Cellar Crafts bulk age. I was thinking the Carmenere since it would not need the fruit/raisin/oak impact that a Cab/Zin/Pinot would.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Steve

I did the VN Gamay last year. It's only about 9 months old but is not bad at all. I picked this particular one out of curiousity more than anything else. I honestly don't think it will end up being a superb wine, but I do think it will make a very good table wine with a little more age.

This isthe only VN red that I've done so far. It reached the "drinkable" stage quite early. It's quite fruity but could use a bit more body to it. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being crappy, 10 being awesome and 5 being just O.K. I'd put this at about a 6 1/2. But like I said, it's only 9 months old. Another year and It might even reach an 8. Only time will tell. Seems pretty similar to Zinfandel but just a touch less spicy to me.

I have done the VN Franc/Sauvignon and the Shiraz. Both of them are very good for small kits. I prefer the Franc/Sauvignon slightly over the Shiraz, but that is better than the WE Vintner's Elite kit. The body is actually pretty good considering the size of the kit.

Back