Fermenters: Blichmann vs. Ss

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarrodantley

Junior
Reaction score
Anyone graduated to the stainless fermenter yet? I'm pondering it and have looked at the Ss conical fermenter and the Blichmann ferminator. I've also looked at the Blichmann Wine Easy. The Wine Easy appears to be the shiznit, but very pricey. With regards to the conical fermenters, the Ss is about $200 cheaper than the Blichmann. Is it because of quality or name brand? Can anyone help?

I bought the Wine easy from blichman. I am waiting on grapes from Chile to use it. It is pricey but the quality is there. Talked a few times to their engineer. Hr was very helpful. The yield is lower than other presses but I want a gentle press.

I had a chance to swing by my local brewery shop and I inquired about both companies. He told me that they were both high quality, but the Blichmann owner was an ***. He said he use to carry their products, but quit due to the owners unwillingness to work with him.
As a business owner, I take that to mind as I believe in customer service. Being an *** just because you think your product is superior doesn't win me over. I'll be looking at the Ss more closely.

Latest posts

Back