This is hobby quite addictive, isn't it?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRat

Reaction score
Hello! I started my first wine kit in August and since then have made five additional kits. My first batch (Chard) is young but beginning to be palpable. All I think about are the many selections I want in my basement. This first year is agonizing!! :ft And, yes, I am a terrible cheat by testing my wines every month. I hope that once I get past my first year I will have enough in my selection to not be so darn tempted to try the young ones.

Bottled and waiting:
WE California Chardonnay
Cellar Craft Washington Merlot
WE New Zealand Pinot Noir

Current Carboys:
WE Eclipse Bravado
WE Eclipse New Zealand Sauv Blanc

Fermenting Bucket:
WE Luna Bianca

Thank you for all the support you provide on this forum! Cheers to all!

Welcome RiverRat (what river?), yes it is addictive. At least you're starting with a bang, keep that up and you'll be in better shape than most going into your THIRD year. Might want to buy some extra Carboys so you can age out a little longer before bottling. The Kits have you bottling pretty quickly and an extra racking at 3 or 6 months can give you a little cleaner bottle of wine. Keep it up!
Mike

I swear this forum has saved me a ton of money. When I got going it wasn't a gentle wade out to the deep end...I dove in head first. I swear I couldn't stop! In 3 years I've done fruit, kits, juice buckets, concentrates, grapes and now I'm on my first mead (which I swore I would never ever...ever do). There is nothing I won't try now. Have fun and keep us posted!

I used to have file cabinets full of old dead files from jobs back 20 years ago...those have been replaced with racks of carboys, supplies, kits, hoses, spoons, and empty bottles. There is no room left in the closets, or under the bed, and the 80 bottle rack is full. A quarter of my shop is full of empty bottles, extra carboys, and a temp controlled fermentation chamber.

I am a teetotaling old guy who made about 80 gallons of wine and 50 gallons of beer last year. It is crazy....I just really enjoy the process....it's kinda magical.

Latest posts

Back