carboy handle placement

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK simpleton question from a simpleton,,
I have my handles between the two rings on my carboys but I read they should below the second ring, I have wondered because they seem a little big where they are at, I do not use them for lifting full carboys, I use then during cleaning when adding k-meta to make sanitary so one gallon max when I lift spin And drain, so where do you venters with tons of grey matter place yours,
Dawg:ft

Below the second ring. To make it easier, I remove the handle from the clamp ring then use a snap ring pliers to spread the clamp ring to clear the increased diameter of the second ring. And, yep, only lift an empty carboy with the handle.

I know that was a no brained question, but I did have mine between the rings and never liked how loose they were, I read on a post on here that below the second ring was correct placement, but on top of learning better wine making I have learned WMT always stirs me write, I follow many of you so I can find and rest your post and replies of which I lea4n more without bothering you, I tank you one and all AND THE WMT SITE, I HAVE RECOMMENDED MANY TO THIS SITE, , yet again I am honored to be with you nutts,,, you make me feel at home thank everyone for this,,,
Dawg

Latest posts

Back