Hello, from North Dakota!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetiepie

Reaction score
I have never made any kind of wine before but I have two Valiant grape plants that gave me over 21 guarts of grape juice. I still have lots of grape jam from the year before and need to do something else with it. I am hoping to find something that I can drink that doesn't make my stomach feel bad and takes away the bitterness of the juice.

So far love your forum. But a bunch of it goes over my head but so did making cheese, and now I got that down.

Hey Sweetpie:
Welcome to the Board. North Dakota has some cold hardy grapes. Your Valiant ought to make a nice drinking wine. I lived in Beach a long time ago, but now am in Texas. I think you can get Valiant wine, if you want to try a commercial one. I believe a couple places in Nebraska have it, and one place in Wyoming to order and try.

Making wine is loads of fun. It is all in the sanitizing, and keeping it so oxygen doesn't ruin it. It will be good to have you around.

Enjoy... Salud!
My name is Tom

By the way, there is a recipe to make wine from jelly. It comes in gallon at a time recipes, or 5 bottles. That may be a good way to use jelly and get started.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back