Bottle Filler

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have nothing against the higher dollar pump systems. Simply setting the pump on a piece of foam greatly reduces the noise factor. I have filtered and bottled wine in one step with this cheap pump. The head space is consistent. I agree that it isn't as fast as the Enolmatic, but as a one-man operation and after revising the vacuum circuitry, the bottling keeps up with my ability to cork bottles.

Also, you can turn on the vacuum and ignore it for a few moments while the bottles are filling and cork the previous round. No need to pay attention to each bottle.

I've only had issues with frothing once when the wine was not properly degassed.

Dan,

I could dial it down, but then bottling would take me longer. Also, the enolmatic will fill to exactly the same level if (and only if) you have exactly the same dimension of bottle. If you have a variety of bottle shapes (or heights), then you need to adjust the machine each time.

Over the years, I ended up with a "Grip it", "Rip it", and "Tip it" approach.
Perhaps that is not the most efficient way.

Slow down cowboy, you not running the Welches 500 here. It's all about patience! :)

Latest posts

Back