REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
allinone or Buon Vino Mini Jet?

I am happy to read the reviews of the all-in-one pump and was very interested in it as well. I was also looking at the Buon Vino MINI Jet Wine Filter. I am not sure which would work best for me and I can get both for about the same price (the Buon Vino is about $20 cheaper).
Background:
1) I will only be making 10-12 gallons of wine a year for the next 5-8 years AT LEAST.
2) I would like to use it to rack but I would really really like to use something to filter and bottle
3) I would like to "sanitize" filter with a very small micron clearance to remove most yeast and most bacteria
4) I would like to start using this product to filter in the next 2 weeks
I am leaning towards the Buon Vino MINI just b/c I am concerned about getting the level of filtration I am hoping for with ease if I were to get the all in one.

If your looking for ultra filtration then the Enolmatic or vacuum pump is the way to go as you can buy Absolute .35 micron filters for these and that is how you sterile filter wine. I dont think the boun Vino units can do this.

$$$$hhhhmmm?

The enolmatic is a bit pricey for me. Thanks for pointing that out about the buon vino mini. I was under the wrong impression that it ran as a vacuum pump b/c I found it while searching for vacuum pumps...I know then only make pads down to 50 microns not the 35 needed to be fully bacterial free but since they called the 50 a "sterilizing" pad I thought that may clear most yeast and bacteria. Again I looked harder in some books and that appears to be wrong....would the all-in-one be capable of pulling through a 35micron filter in those "house filters". How do you retrofit those on the all-in-one units anyway? Is the 35micron capability really warranted or am I being silly,

It has to be an Absolute Micron filter to sterile filter. Im not sure about the All In One as I dont know any specifics on that motor at all. There is a reason why the .35 micron filters are about $16 and the Absolute are $150!!!!!! Dont forget these Absolute filters are designed to be cleaned and reused. Why are you so strong on making sure you remove the yeast, do you not want to use sorbate?

I own the Mini Jet Filter and the complete Enolmatic filler and filter. With the Enolmatic the filters range from .20 micron up to 5 micron (note the decimal places). I use the .45 and 1 micron filters.

With that being said with the very small amount of wine you plan on making I would go with the Mini Jet over the Enolmatic due to the huge difference in cost. Now throw the All In One into the mix, and bingo thats the one I would buy without question.

I would like not to use sorbate but I am willing in fact all my current wines have that in them already...I am very paranoid about re-ferments and spoilled bottles (with prolonged storage). I would be content with a 35micron filtration and not a pure "absolute" filtration. If we remove my desire to filter at 35microns (instead of 50 ect) I assume both the buon vino mini and all-in-one would work well. I am concerned about "retro fitting" the house filter to the all-in-one.
All that said as an overall unit do you prefer the all-in-one with a house filter over the buon vino mini? If so where do I buy a "house filter" and what is the best way to attach it...also how small micron wise do these "house filters" go; I am not familar with them.

I believe you can get the whole house filters at Home Depot. It is important though that you get what you really want. Are you looking for 35 micron or .35 micron? This is a huge difference.

It looks like we should start a filter topic ?

the allinonewinepump can do alot more than just filter, bottle, transfer and removal of co2

I also have purshased filters from McMaster Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/#45235k94/=eys0fr
which also carries .35 micron filter for around 12 dollars

Like any vacuum type systems the filter goes inline between the carboys during normal vacuum transfer.

Yes the allinonewinepump has no issues with a filter added to it, as it will pull between 20-23 inches of vacuum
thanks steve

Holy Crap $12.00! I pay about $45.00 each for mine. That is a great price and I only wish This would have been available several years ago. Great Job Steve!

Dan these are not the absolute rated, but they are in the 98% bracket. For as cheap as they are, I will use them and toss them when finished as I do not freezing them,because they seem to breakdown the media- and I not too much luck soaking them in solution. I do own absolute filters ,which I flush and santize and put them in the microwave and heat up and they steam until done - works very well !!

thanks steve

Last edited:
thanks

wow thanks for all the help. I have been reading online for about 2 hours now and I do think that all-in-one is the way to go. I will probably order it and try and get the house filter tomorrow . With the house filter and the all in one do I need to gradually decrease the micron size on a visually clear wine that has sat for 10 months (from cellar craft kit with grape pack) if so what sizes do you all step down through?

Eyeguy, unless you go absolute you will need to use sorbate. I use 1 micron on whites and 5 micron for reds and that does a great job but I also have to use sorbate and so will you!

The All in One Wine Pump is FANTASTIC!!

I have been using the pump for a few months now and it makes life so easy.
It’s not a huge deal anymore. I can go down after dinner and rack 10 gallons of wine and clean up and be done in 30 minutes.

Hello Wade;

The use of sorbate is really dependent upon the starting SG and the type of yeast used in the fermentation. If proper calculations were used to match the SG to the yeast and maximize the alcohol for the strain of yeast, the addition of more sugar will not cause re-fermentation.

I do agree that “best practice” is to use sorbate for chaptalization when exact calculation have not been done before the onset of fermentation.

Jim

I agree with that but what theyy state for each strain is an approx at best as Icve seen EC1118 stop at both 16% and seen it make it all the way to just under 20%. Ive seen many others go way beyond what they were stated to.

Yesterday I had a chance to use the Allinonewinepump for the first time. I racked my RJS Super Tuscan wine. It worked very nicely. If bottling goes as good as racking did, ill be very pleased. I plan on bottling that wine kit around the holidays. Ill post on how it went.

Reading the reviews and watching the video prompted me to just order one of these! Can't wait to get it.:b

I just finished bottling 5 gal. of year old Elderberry Wine, with their rig. It is soooo simple & sooo easy to clean up you won't believe it until you have done it! You will really be glad you spent the money. Roy

I also own an All-in-One Wine Pump and LOVE IT! Steve is great to talk to and very thorough. I considered his product for quite a while before I bought it. He and I chatted off/on about recommendations I had--and he included many of them..especially concerning his website.
He was beneficial in making sure I had everything connected properly..being I am not the most mechanically inclined individual. I mean I can connect suction setup for a patient with chest tubes, but ask me to do it for my wines and I get all googly-eyed!
I have racked, degassed and bottled. Now that I have my "household" filter system setup, I will be filtering with my next bottling run. SO very simple. And for a female who makes wine on her own, and has had neck and back surgery---the All In One makes my life so much easier.
I encourage you to take the plunge and purchase the product. Steve is just an email and/or phone call away. There is no gimmick. This is what he does.

Sara

Latest posts

Back