REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangerdave

Chief Bottlewasher
Reaction score
I ordered and received my allinonewinepump just last week. It is, by far, the best peice of equipment in my Lab. Light and quiet. Easy to set up and use. All connectors and instructions included. For less than $200, this was a perfect labor saving device for a one-man operation like mine.

I have used the pump to both rack and bottle. Racking while degassing was the bomb. The first wine I racked with it was my Strawberry Skeeter Pee. Look at all the gas pulled out by racking under vacuum. No more stirring or hand pumping for me...
100_0494.jpg

Bottling was a breeze! I sat on a stool and filled bottles at my leisure. It took alittle practice to get the level right, but once I got the hang of it, the bottling was over in a few minutes. And because it is a vacuum pump, I only had to clean a few pieces of tubing when I was done. Awesome!
100_0497.jpg

I didn't take a picture of this, but last night I racked a 6 gallon carboy of Gwuerztraminer. I degassed using the pump only. I racked it under vacuum back and forth between two carboys, four times. After fining, it was clearer this morning than anything else I have on hand. Astounding! I think some of my cloudy wine issues have come from ineffectual degassing. :D

If the maintenance free oiless pump continues to work smoothly, I'll give this two thumbs up, and recommend it to anyone who runs a small single family wine making operation.

Thanks very much to our own vacuumpumpman! :try

all in one wine pump

I ordered my allinonewinepump and so far i think it is the best piece of equipment in mywine room. Light and quiet. Easy to set up and use. All connectors and instructions included. It is definately the perfect labor saving device for my operation.

I have only used the pump to rack and degass so far but wow!!. Racking while degassing !! No more stirring or hand pumping for me thats for sure!!

Clean up is also a snap !! One big thumbs up from me :)

When using it for bottling, how do you stop the flow of wine when the bottle is full - do you lift the bung from the filled bottle and break the vacuum?

That's how I do it, Robie. The tube that applies vacuum to the bung has a small whole in it (great idea Steve!). Leave the hole open and you fill slowly. Cover the hole and fill quickly. Once you get the hang of feathering the bung in the mouth (did I just say that?) of the bottle, you can further control the flow of wine, filling the bottle up to the perfect level.

Funny Wyatt! The one-armer man from Manitoba!

When using it for bottling, how do you stop the flow of wine when the bottle is full - do you lift the bung from the filled bottle and break the vacuum?

There is a manual vacuum release valve - this valve is used to stop the transfer and bottling as well
check the video on the website- it may help

thanks for all the reviews
Steve

http://allinonewinepump.com/

Here's the Gwuerztraminer I was talking about. Now this is just my nineth batch of wine, but I have never seen the like. After fining and degassing with the new pump, this was just two days later. I couldn't believe it! I'm sure the good degassing helped, but there may have been perfect conditions otherwise as well. I hope all of my future batches clear this quickly.

100_0498.jpg

Ok, after a phone conversation with Steve (vacuumpumpman), my bottling is twice as easy. I was doing it the hard way, because I know everything (not!) and don't need to read instructions (not!---that's a double negative). As it turns out, the vacuum release valve comes in real handly when bottling. When the carboy is placed below the level of the bottle being filled, and the vacuum release is depressed, gravity creates a syphon, pulling wine out of your (slightly) over filled bottle right down to the level of the adjustable fill tube. Perfect! This time, all of my bottles came out uniformly filled and my job was made even easier.

Here's the "Gee" (above) in it's bottles. Beautiful! We had a busy day in the Lab yesterday. I put up 75 bottles! Two kinds of Skeeter Pee included: Sweet Strawberry Tart and some very potent Apple/Cherry Jet Fuel. lol
100_0501.jpg

Last edited:
I hope all of my future batches clear this quickly.

Ha! You should hope! Nah, each batch is different, so you never know what will happen. Except if you do it correctly and thoroughly every time, you will be assured of good final result, even if it takes several weeks more.

That wine really looks very bright and clean! Keep up the good work.

Yea, I know, robie. Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. Sitting next to the Gee is a carboy of Pinot Gris that has been clearing.....very....very....slowly over the past several months. I'm learning to be more patient. That's why I was so shocked about the Gee clearing like it did.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review and the accompanying images. It's also very impressive to see such organisation. Well done maestro.

I'm sorry I've left things so late in life and I don't have the space to do my own.

Awesome review Dave! I would not be making wine anymore if it wasnt for a vacuum pump!!!! The set up I have works great and this is the exact reason I was selling these before but Steve (vacuumpumpman) here took it to the next level and reduced the size of of the stuff needed making it even more compact and easier to use. I implore anyone especially people with bad backs to get one as it will make your wine making much safer and much much more enjoyable. You can rack, degas and bottle with this set up and if you go out and get a whole house filter housing you can also filter with it and these filters are good for 1000's of gallons so just store it in sulfite solution and its ready to use next time!

Thanks Wade. I appreciate both you guys!

I have discovered, however, that I am not much for filtering. But that's a personal choice, and by no means necessary.

Cheers!

Thanks for the review and the accompanying images. It's also very impressive to see such organisation. Well done maestro.

I'm sorry I've left things so late in life and I don't have the space to do my own.

Well, Gio, I'm 48 years old, and my wish is that I had started making wine a decade ago. I'm trying to get my adult children interested and involved so I can pass my knowledge on to the next gen.

Dave, how old is your oldest batch in bottles? I have some that are 5 years old and maybe filtering wouldnt have solved this problem but maybe it would have but now everyone of those bottles that bulk aged a year or more have sediment in them now.

I just started making wine this past summer. My oldest bottle dates from late August. I noticed that one of the bottles has some sediment. It's hard to believe that you bulk aging yours for a year wouldn't be enough time for the sediment to fall out. Hmmm.

This is why we bulk age and why lots of us also filter now. This is so on a few batches, mainly reds. There are two batches in there that were fermented side by side and one was filtered while the other not. The reason was as I was about to bottle for the Christmas season to give out I accidentally knocked the carboy pretty good trying to tip it for better transfer off the lees. In doing so I disturbed the lees on the bottom and didnt want to rack and leave for more time as I also needed the carboy. That batch didnt drop any sediment in the bottles.

I just received my allinonewinepump last week and used it yesterday to rack and bottle two carboys of wine. It worked great. No more lifting full carboys makes it worth the money. Dave

Can someone suggest a filtration system to use with the all-in-one? The FAQ suggests the "whole house" filter, but I can't seem to find a decent system, only filters. Any suggestions?

This is the filter housing I am using and was selling with my vacuum pumps.http://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-158117-Filter-Housing.asp
Here are the filters I was selling and the ones I recommend to go with them. % micron for reds and 1 micron for whites.
http://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-PD-1-934-Sediment-Filter.asp
http://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-WPD-110-water-filters.asp
Here is the link for the wrench for this unit.
http://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-SW-1A-filter-wrench.asp
And here is the link for the mounting hardware so you can mount the hosing on a wall or under a cabinet like mine is.
http://www.filtersfast.com/Pentek-244047-filter-mounting-bracket.asp
If you buy this unit they dont sell the 3/8" hose barb for them but if you need 2 let me know as I still have a bunch and will sell them to you very cheap. Just pm me. I highly recommend using the nylon barbs as brass could have reaction and leach when in touch with acid liquids like wine. Here is a pic of mine.

Filter 1.jpg

Latest posts

Back