REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And so once you get trained well enough to release vacuum before liquid hits the vacuum tube, no liquid is ever sucked into the overflow vessel.

Even it it hits the tube a very slight amount goes back to the bottle. With a little practice one can "feather " the vac release to get it just right.

Yep. Steve claims you may have a couple tablespoons of wine in the overflow. But after using it a couple times, I usually end up with nothing in the overflow.

I get lots of foam that gets sucked into the overflow.

I suppose it's because I dose with k-meta a week prior to bottling.

Is there some trick to not have any foam during bottling? Inquiring minds want to know!

I get foam at times and I don't add Sulfite a week before so its not the culprit. I have found the biggest culprit is an airleak somewhere in the lines/connections usually. I find that by tightening all the connections and stoppers and then reducing the fill rate down a bit most of the foam goes away. What little that forms in the top is sucked into the waste recovery line. What little foam that remains in the bottle will disappear on its own over time. Note: My system is not an AIO but works on the same vacuum principal(s).

I agree with ibglowin, by reducing the vacuum using the vacuum releases , definitely decreases any foam issues

How do you reduce the fill rate? Is there a setting on the pump housing or something?

By slightly pushing down on the vacuum release.
Just as of yesterday I have a inline vacuum release valve that can be easily adapted for the allinonewinepump

You will get alot more control when bottling, but the downside is it will.take a bit longer to bottle

I've found that when i started using the filter that I get a ton of foam while bottling and end up filling up the overflow bottle more than once just from all the foam it sucks up while bottling a 5 gallon batch. I think I need to try adding the pickup tube thing to my filter housing so it doesn't suck so much air.

I think part of the problem is once I push the vacuum release the liquid sitting in the filter starts getting siphoned back into the carboy, so then when I start the next bottle I'm sucking air again for a bit.

Last edited:
I recommend that you filter when doing a normal transfer,otherwise the wine is going in and out of the filter and yes you will get the problem that you are experiencing.

By slightly pushing down on the vacuum release.
Just as of yesterday I have a inline vacuum release valve that can be easily adapted for the allinonewinepump

You will get alot more control when bottling, but the downside is it will.take a bit longer to bottle

My vacuum release button sticks sometimes. I have to grab the button and pull it out so that it isn't releasing air.

You can PM me and we might be able to clean it or I sell replacement ones on my website

All in one Wine Pump works great

I have been using the all in one wine pump since Christmas and it works great. I received this as a gift and was, at first, skeptical. I had been using inert gas and kegs to move my wine around. But after using the wine pump, I found it was so much easer to use than my previous system. Cleaning and sanitation is much easer as well. My wine making is now more enjoyable and the wine is more professional than it had been before. I highly recommend this product.

I have a couple questions. Before I ask I must say I 100% intend on purchasing an AIO soon. Looking forward to Transferring and bottling with it. Probably when spring harvest batches start up. So I'm not looking to be "sold". Just clarity.
For some reason getting into the nitty gritty of vacuum pumping, diaphragm pumps, CO2 pumps and all that it starts to make my head spin.
1. Will the AIO work with this plate filter which I already own?
ImageUploadedByWine Making1489946903.407684.jpg

2. And in the video I notice you state that it's not recommended to use the AIO on Demijons because of glass thickness. My question here is, man to man Steve, brutally honest, is this said for liability just because carboy glass is slightly thicker? And even though you cannot give me the thumbs up, how realistic is the possibility of my Demi shattering? Is it more like "don't do it with a *wink wink nudge nudge* just cannot sue if I end up with glass in my eye" type situation? Seems damn solid to me. Here's a pic
ImageUploadedByWine Making1489947540.371737.jpg

3. With degassing , is this said since CO2 removal is a byproduct of vacuum racking and vacuum bottling (understandably more so with the AIO than other methods)? Or does that "deluxe AIO" attachments include a setup to vacuum a carboy for CO2 removal? And while leaving sealed your just flicking the "on switch" for a minute every so often to pull out more and more CO2 to the top?

If I had more grasp on the physics of vacuum and negative pressure and all that jazz I probably wouldn't be asking. But...well...I don't. So I'm asking. Thanks

Last edited:
Regarding question 2: in your photo, the wine is being racked FROM the demijohn, so there is no vacuum on that container. The same would hold true with a plastic carboy - you can rack FROM them, just not TO them (unless you have Steve's new attachment that's made for racking to plastic). Not sure what you are racking to in that pic though.

Makes me wonder though: if the new attachment for the AIO makes it possible to rack to plastic, would it also make it safe(er) to rack to a demi?

I have a couple questions. Before I ask I must say I 100% intend on purchasing an AIO soon. Looking forward to Transferring and bottling with it. Probably when spring harvest batches start up. So I'm not looking to be "sold". Just clarity.
For some reason getting into the nitty gritty of vacuum pumping, diaphragm pumps, CO2 pumps and all that it starts to make my head spin.
1. Will the AIO work with this plate filter which I already own?
View attachment 34804

2. And in the video I notice you state that it's not recommended to use the AIO on Demijons because of glass thickness. My question here is, man to man Steve, brutally honest, is this said for liability just because carboy glass is slightly thicker? And even though you cannot give me the thumbs up, how realistic is the possibility of my Demi shattering? Is it more like "don't do it with a *wink wink nudge nudge* just cannot sue if I end up with glass in my eye" type situation? Seems damn solid to me. Here's a pic
View attachment 34805

3. With degassing , is this said since CO2 removal is a byproduct of vacuum racking and vacuum bottling (understandably more so with the AIO than other methods)? Or does that "deluxe AIO" attachments include a setup to vacuum a carboy for CO2 removal? And while leaving sealed your just flicking the "on switch" for a minute every so often to pull out more and more CO2 to the top?

If I had more grasp on the physics of vacuum and negative pressure and all that jazz I probably wouldn't be asking. But...well...I don't. So I'm asking. Thanks

1= Other people have used this plate filter with vacuum - it typically is used with a positive pressure instead of a negative pressure,

2 = "Although the walls of the demijohn are thinner and more delicate than their 5-gallon (r9-L) counterparts, they too can handle vacuum racking. When using the vacuum pump to move your wine you only need a small amount of vacuum to get the wine flowing, which isn't enough to force the walls of the demijohn to break." . Unfortunately this
is not typically the case with PET or plastic vessels - however, Steve Helsper
has developed a device that can be used with his A11-in-One Pump so that you
can vacuum rack into PET carboys (www.allinonewinepump.com). Otherwise,
the walls of these vessels are far too thin to handle any sort of vacuum and
Therefore one of the other wine transfer methods shouid be used with these
particular vessels

“There are different thoughts out there as to whether or not it’s safe to rack into a demijohn with a vacuum pump. If you are the cautious type, you might not want to try it. Others do, and seem to have success. As was written up in WineMaker Magazine by Jeff Shoemaker in april – may - 2017

3 = The deluxe includes a splash racking cane https://www.allinonewinepump.com/product/wine-splash-racking-cane/

which aids in degassing and not breaking off racking canes that can easily be broke off during a normal racking otherwise

If anyone has any questions - please contact me directly

which aids in degassing and not breaking off racking canes that can easily be broke off during a normal racking otherwise

Ha! I can't imagine breaking one during racking, but I broke one on Sunday trying to disconnect the hose. A new, stainless steel racking cane is en route. ;)

I was referring to if you use a Racking cane inside the bung of the carboy that is under vacuum, if you giggle the Racking hose the rigid Racking cane can and will break. That is why I recommend the flex Racking cane when doing any transfers

Last edited:
I broke down and purchased the all in one recently and am very happy with it so far. I have only done a few rackings with it so far but i can tell its going to be a great addition to my equipment. I am big into the plastic pet carboys and what ive done so far worked great. I had a few questions at first and Steve was great with the customer service to set me straight.

Last edited:
All in one wine pump

I just used my ALL IN ONE WINE PUMP for the first time. It made the filtering and bottling so much easier and setup was quick and easy. I had some questions before I order it so I sent and email to Steve. Thought it would be a day or so before he got back to me. To my surprise and delight he called within 20 minutes and answered all my questions. I placed the order and received the pump in 2 days later. Took a little longer for the filtering equipment.

This is a top notch product and takes home wine making to the next level for me. The fact that Steve is a knowledgeable resource who actually returns calls/emails is a rare and definite plus.

If you are sitting on the fence about purchasing this product...do it! You will not regret it.

I bottled using the all in one for the first time a few weeks ago. I bottled about 100 bottles, 750s' and 375s' totally by myself. Everything went great and i was very impressed with the ease and speed of the process. I was done with everything in about 2 hours and most of that time was sanitizing bottles. I lined 25 bottles up at a time and filled. Took matter of minutes to fill. I then corked and started over. Great product!

Steve is always easy to get a hold of if needed and is great with his customer service!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back