Beer with Wine Must

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bygsky

Junior
Reaction score
Decided to experiment this past weekend.

I started brewing and Oktoberfest and once I placed it into the primary, I added grape skins from a Limited Edition Super Tuscan the just finished its primary.

After discussions with my local brew shop, we thought it might be best to add it to the primary.

So far, fermentation went on without a hitch and I am ready to transfer it into a secondary. The smell is amazing!

Anyone else ever try this?

I do like Dogfish 61 but mine isn't going to be a hoppy syrah combo.

I haven't done it but I have a brewing buddy at work who wants to try it. I'm going to get Dornfelder grapes (today?) and ordered an extra 5 pounds to freeze and give him. He wants to add this to a porter or stout as an experiment, but has no idea how much to add. I'm worried the flavor of the grapes might overpower his brew if he uses too much.

He had given me four bottles of his different meads/cysers, so I figured I'd get these for him in exchange for what he gave me. I think I came out on the better end of that bargain! I'll have to get a Dogfish 61 some time and try it.

Latest posts

Back