Where to get one gallon recipes ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twintrades

Reaction score
I'm just a little leery to try making a 5 gallon batch. That is till I find a recipe that I like. So I'm just wondering where to find recipes to make one gallon batches. Or could I just take a reg recipe and decide by 5 ?

I'd like to try making a wine from scratch or frozen fruit from the store....

What would be a good beginner wine ?

You can just divide any 5 gal. recipe by 5 except the yeast. Use a full pack of yeast and you are good to go. Arne.

I'll wager you'll get tired of the one gallon batches really quick. You have all the work and wait of a fiver, and you wind up with 5 bottles of wine for it instead of 25.

The only time I make one gallon is if I want to try something so unusual it could ruin the batch, or if I am testing out a new yeast. Otherwise, my gallon jugs are used for bench batches out of a five to adjust sweetening or flavor levels for the whole batch.

Once you delve into Jack Keller's site, I'd bet you'll be switching to fives or larger just to save space! :D My favorite carboys now are a pair of 7.5s I got off CL.

Yea im shure ill go to 5 galls soon. Just want a few 1 gallons to make shure im doing everything right. sanitation, mesure, yeast ect

As soon as i go to the wine supply place ill prolly want to make 5 gallons.

I am going to make a 5gallon batch of skeeter pee. THats a cheap screw up if i do.;)

Making only 1 gal of wine is a good idea while you work out what recipies you like. I then make 5 gal of the wine I'm happy with.

Sure, it's annoying when you're 1 gal batch of wine is just so nice, you wish you'd made the 5 gal.

Hey ho, just confidently get a big batch started, knowing you'll love it.:d

My neighbor keeps giving me gallon jugs, I have probably about 25 or so them, mostly empty........so I've decided to do a Mead of the Month! :) So far a spiced Mead, a Cherry Mead and a Vanilla Mead. I'm going to start making the small one gallon batches, they will be cheap and probably on the more experimental side. So I won't have to feel so bad if they aren't very good. I'm not paying for the gallon jugs, so why not?

Wish i could have some free one gallon jugs ! right now im using some plastic water jugs. Ill rack into glass as soon as i get some. Should have some soon i hope....

Yea im shure ill go to 5 galls soon. Just want a few 1 gallons to make shure im doing everything right. sanitation, mesure, yeast ect

As soon as i go to the wine supply place ill prolly want to make 5 gallons.

I am going to make a 5gallon batch of skeeter pee. THats a cheap screw up if i do.;)

Welch's Concord and Welch's White are also two easy recipes to start out with. I have never stopped making Welch's Concord. It can be made quite nice with practice.

Latest posts

Back