Has the smoke finally cleared?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, the holidays are finally over. I ate way too much, drank too much, and did not get a lick of exercise.

Now, it's back to my normal life and the fight against post holiday season depression and weight gain.

Hope you all faired well.

Glad its over. Had a few home issues that will hopefully be behind us within a week.

Been loafing, eating and drinking too much. Cherry Blossom Ten Miler in 13 weeks. I've got my work cut out for me.

It's just part of the annual cycle. The only problem for me is that the gym will be packed for the next 3 weeks, until people give up on their New Years resolutions.

Exactly, all the "45 day'ers" as I call them will be hogging all the oxygen. After about 30 days they will decided "this isn't very fun".
Lucky for me, most of the newbies don't frequent my area, ie: squat rack, deadlift area, etc.

As far as the eating, holidays, etc., I am good to go, I don't waiver. I have one cheat day a week, regardless if it is holidays, birthdays, summer days or what. My cheat day is Saturday so it was nice Christmas Eve and New Years Eve fell on it.

So, I answer my door on Thursday and what do you thing I was handed??

A huge king cake sent by none other than our own @johnd! The cake came with some Mardi Gras bling and also a packet of blended coffee (I forgot just how great the coffee is in the Big Easy).

Although I was tempted to wolf the whole thing down by myself and three kings day was Friday, I decided to share the cake with the family on Sunday. My nieces ripped into it like a like a pack of hyenas on a zebra! I swear it was like they never ate before! In total, there were 9 of us eating on that cake and only a 4 inch piece was left. Unless it was swallowed, the baby must have been in that piece.

It was a great surprise for them and simply made there day!

I can not thank @johnd enough! This actually made winter in New Jersey bearable!

Here are a couple of photos. First, the unmolested cake, then a photo of my brother in all of the supplied garb.

les e le bon ton rouler

IMG_20170106_174725_100.jpg

IMG_20170108_100249_838.jpg

So, I answer my door on Thursday and what do you thing I was handed??

A huge king cake sent by none other than our own @johnd! The cake came with some Mardi Gras bling and also a packet of blended coffee (I forgot just how great the coffee is in the Big Easy).

Although I was tempted to wolf the whole thing down by myself and three kings day was Friday, I decided to share the cake with the family on Sunday. My nieces ripped into it like a like a pack of hyenas on a zebra! I swear it was like they never ate before! In total, there were 9 of us eating on that cake and only a 4 inch piece was left. Unless it was swallowed, the baby must have been in that piece.

It was a great surprise for them and simply made there day!

I can not thank @johnd enough! This actually made winter in New Jersey bearable!

Here are a couple of photos. First, the unmolested cake, then a photo of my brother in all of the supplied garb.

les e le bon ton rouler

From "THE BAND" ,,, "Life is a carnival,,,,":db

How do I make a screen saver with that photo of the slice of King Cake? That will drive my coworkers crazy! :)

holidays, i spent years being verystrick on my eating finnally got my A1C to 8.2 along came these last holidays got my A1Cchecked last week, A1C at 12. dang me. welp back to strick eating again, 1failurer in the last 8 years, but 1is way to many, beings they've cut almost moreoff me then i have left, but yet again i got my reminder,
that onecheat a week sounds decent but with my history i'm going to 1/2 day a month.
DAWG

Latest posts

Back