Hard apple cider from old apple juice?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greyday

Reaction score
So I have a bunch of apple juice (Indian Summer) that I bought a couple years ago for a cider project I never got around to. I was thinking of making rocket fuel apple cider out of them (as opposed to a 6-8% sparkling), as they are pasteurized and unopened, but well past their Best By date (June 2013). Most online info I can find is that they are safe but may not taste that great. Thoughts? Anyone made wine with past "best by" juice?

So I have a bunch of apple juice (Indian Summer) that I bought a couple years ago for a cider project I never got around to. I was thinking of making rocket fuel apple cider out of them (as opposed to a 6-8% sparkling), as they are pasteurized and unopened, but well past their Best By date (June 2013). Most online info I can find is that they are safe but may not taste that great. Thoughts? Anyone made wine with past "best by" juice?

It would be pretty cheap to find out. I'd say open a bottle and if the juice tastes and smells ok then let 'er rip.

Latest posts

Back