pump for wine filter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagopacker

Junior
Reaction score
I'm looking to make my own pumped filter can anyone recommend a good cheap pump which will work at 240v.

First off welcome to WMT. How about some information. What kind of filter are you building? How much wine are you processing? Why 220?
Many folks here use a whole house filter and a vacuum pump from Harbor Freight.

Hi, i'm using 220v because I live in the UK. I'm planing on using a whole house filter but I want sure what sort of flow rate work best. Also should I pump the wine into the filter or suck through with a vacuum pump?

I made a pump using a 12 volt tire pump, less than $20.00 US. WORKS WELL And only took about an hour to make.

Hi, i'm using 220v because I live in the UK. I'm planing on using a whole house filter but I want sure what sort of flow rate work best. Also should I pump the wine into the filter or suck through with a vacuum pump?

I personally like using a vacuum pump - as there is nothing that touches the wine and you can easily control the flow also.Plus you can do alot more than just filtering - you could use it to do your transfers,bottle and CO2 removal, and clean-up is extremely easier.
Do they make a converter for 110 volt ?

How much vacumn is needed to gass the wine?

I hope you meant to degass correct ?
anywhere between 15-20 in of vacuum , depending alot on temperature - now that is vacuum racking while you degass at the same time.
If you are planning on just putting vacuum on the vessel to degass I am assumming around 20 - 23 all depending on temperature and altitude as well.

My error, I will,use vacumn to rack into carboy and then degass. I have read that while vacumn to move the carboy around? Also, I assume that I vacumn until all small bubbles have stop coming to the top. I planed on leaving vacumn on the 10 min or so - release and repeat until bubbles stop coming to the top.

BTW, that's for the help.

Latest posts

Back