adding a stopcock to a 10 gallon bucket

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reisjdmd

Reaction score
i would like to add a stopcock to the bottom ofmy 10 plastic primary fermenter, but before i try to "invent the wheel" i wonder if anyone else has had luck doing this. the problem is the round sides of the bucket. i am not sure what kind of plastic stopcock type device i can use and how to secure to the hole i ned to drill in the round side.

It shouldn't be any different than adding one to the smaller fermenter. Get a Fast Flow Spigot and the gaskets. I can't remember off the top of my head the size you drill but someone will chime in here. Just remember to place the spigot against the side firstand mark to assure you drill the hole high enough so the spigot fits on correctly.You can always give George a call and he'll hook you up.

hey smurfester
thanks for the info. i am kind of a newbie so i do not really know who george is. can you give me some more info??
today, a blizzard in wisconsin, so i ought to sign this "nanook of the north." mabye my home-made can be labled "chateau nanook?" yes, i see it all now-an ice wine.

Check out the main page for George's email, phone # and what not. He is the main man, very helpful.

Nice ice wine name, we missed themain storm here, just some ice and inch of snow.

I added a spighot to my buckets and it took a 1" drill bit. Very easy to do.
smiley4.gif
Also you can see a video on George's site that is very helpful.Edited by: HD93

Latest posts

Back