Vineco Cellar Craft Showcase Australian Shiraz

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willj

Reaction score
I'm trying to choose my next red wine to make and was wondering if anyone has made the Cellar Craft Showcase Australian Shiraz before? This is the only Shiraz kit with skins available in the UK so want to check that this makes a good, full bodied Shiraz, as you would expect from a decent Aussie one.

I made the Kenridge Showcase Australian Shiraz and was a little disappointed with it. If the Showcase isn't a big improvement on the Kenridge then I may make the Cellar Craft Showcase Rosso Fortissmo instead as I've read that make a good full bodied red wine.

Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to choose my next red wine to make and was wondering if anyone has made the Cellar Craft Showcase Australian Shiraz before? This is the only Shiraz kit with skins available in the UK so want to check that this makes a good, full bodied Shiraz, as you would expect from a decent Aussie one.

I made the Kenridge Showcase Australian Shiraz and was a little disappointed with it. If the Showcase isn't a big improvement on the Kenridge then I may make the Cellar Craft Showcase Rosso Fortissmo instead as I've read that make a good full bodied red wine.

Thanks in advance.

Haven't made the Shiraz, but the seven other CC Showcase kits we've made have all been quite good. But keep in mind you're not likely to get what you likely define as a "full bodied" red from kits.

I have made many of the Cellar Craft Showcase line.

For full bodied, their best by far is Amarone ... but you must be prepared for a minimum of two years aging to really develop the flavour.

I also really like the Merlot. CC Showcase Merlot is preferred in our own private taste tests to the WE Stag's Leap Merlot. However, it is smooth and medium bodied as a good Merlot should be and you did seek a full bodied red.

CC Showcase Rosso Fortissimo and Barbera are both good full bodied reds but neither can match the power and profile of the Amarone in my opinion.

That said, I do not think you will go wrong with any of the CC Showcase reds with skins as long as you are patient with the aging.

Regards ... Doug

Latest posts

Back