2016 WineMaker International Amateur Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go big or go home right?

All I know is this is the most EXPENSIVE amateur wine competition in the US to enter. Have not entered this one before mainly because of the high cost but I wanted to give it a shot once just to see how it goes. Some winemakers have liked it, others not so much.

4 wines entered : $100
FedEx ground shipping to VT : $32

Ave cost per bottle to enter......... $33! :sh

Anyone else giving it a go this year? Time is running out.

Yes I will participate. The feedback (results) are interesting to know.

amateur wine contest

Been there, done that one a couple of times not enough for the cost and if you noticed there entries are going down. I think local contest are more fun that's were I like to be at this point in my wine making days.:db

BTW Mike: If you haven't already shipped, I'd be happy to judge your wines for free! :)

Yes this will have been the 3rd time there ,this time we stayed at the LaFonda ,,outstanding, went to loa Alamos for lunch at the Blue Window. cafe,did the peblos inside the mountain, eat at the anstaza,,w3 eat and drank our way through the better part of New Mexico.

Excellent, sounds like you guys had the full southwest experience! :db

Yes this will have been the 3rd time there ,this time we stayed at the LaFonda ,,outstanding, went to loa Alamos for lunch at the Blue Window. cafe,did the peblos inside the mountain, eat at the anstaza,,w3 eat and drank our way through the better part of New Mexico.

Latest posts

Back