Bottling Alternatives

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rich -
I know you have your own vacuum pump and all -

The easiest solution would be take a 3/8 double barb and place it in a normal 1 hole stopper and attach a 3/8 tubing onto it and then the 1/4'' could fit inside it.

Yes I still believe that splash racking is much more efficient .

I stopped at a local shop and they had some italian glass carboys so I bought another one for now. Didn't have a double barb. I could probably mail order one.

One thing I thought of after I left is that they have a myriad of bung sizes. Many of them are the rubber hollow ones with a hole just in the bottom. These are pretty cheap and it occurred to me I could probably buy one or two sizes of those, cut the bottom off so the bung is just a slanted tube and nest the one you sent me for the glass bottles into them! Suction should hold them in place.

steve

I stopped at a local shop and they had some italian glass carboys so I bought another one for now. Didn't have a double barb. I could probably mail order one.

One thing I thought of after I left is that they have a myriad of bung sizes. Many of them are the rubber hollow ones with a hole just in the bottom. These are pretty cheap and it occurred to me I could probably buy one or two sizes of those, cut the bottom off so the bung is just a slanted tube and nest the one you sent me for the glass bottles into them! Suction should hold them in place.

steve

Please PM me and I am sure I can come up with something that can help out your needs - Just not sure what you are looking to do ??

Latest posts

Back