Wine Kitz Coastal Sunset White

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wines just fine

Reaction score
I'm a newbie with 2 batches of reds on the go (Shiraz and Chianti) I am thinking that my next one should be a white.

Think this one would be worth trying?

Yes I think it will be worth trying. However, I do not know what kinds of whites that you like. For example if you are a big chardonnay fan, then you probably won't like this one.

BTW, I read a number of wine forums and this is the first time that this kit has been mentioned. WHY? Because it is a limited edition wine that has not been released yet. It was just announced this past weekend. So nobody will have had a chance to buy it/make it/sample it.

Have you been to a WineKitz store to learn the price and size of the kit? I may phone later today, as the closest store is over an hour away and I have no reason to head that way.

For everybody else..
COASTAL SUNSET
A colourful blend of Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc & Viognier.
Brilliant light gold in colour and overflowing with aromas of ripe peaches and white grapefruit. On the tongue, flavours of citrus and green apple. The finish is slightly sweet, just enough to beg for another sip.

A great match for vegetarian cuisine, fruit salsa, salads and stir fries. A nice complement for simply prepared grilled chicken, fish and pork dishes.

Origin: California
Alcohol by Volume: 12%
Medium Dry

Available by pre-order only
Early Bird Pre-order Deadline July 10th, 2009
In stores August 10th, 2009

Final Pre-order Deadline September 25th, 2009
In stores October 19th, 2009.

and

COASTAL SUNSET
A colourful blend of Cabernet Franc, Syrah & Zinfandel.
Medium ruby red in colour with aromas of ripe red fruit and hints of oak and spice. This medium-bodied delicious wine has flavours of cherries and raspberries. Soft tannins contribute to the wine’s smooth, soft finish.

An ideal complement to grilled meats and fish such as beef, lamb and salmon. This wine works nicely with any pasta dish with tomato based sauces.

Origin: California
Alcohol by Volume: 12.5%
Dry

Available by pre-order only
Early Bird Pre-order Deadline July 10th, 2009
In stores August 10th, 2009

Final Pre-order Deadline September 25th, 2009
In stores October 19th, 2009.

Steve

I got into the local Wine Kitz store today. The owner says that the kits will be about $75. I think he said $70 for the white, $75 for the red. He says it's one of the 7.5 Litre kits. He didn't seem happy with the early release date. He says they usually don't start releasing the special editions until late fall.

Oh well!::

Thanks wines_just_fine.

It's been a while since I've made a 7.5 litre kit for myself (not counting mist kits). They were kits that I got free (as a prospective retailer) from Heron Bay bottled in March 2005.

I like the idea of Riesling/SB/Viognier, but there's so many other 'better' kits that I would like to make. Heck I've got two limited edition whites sitting in my storage room that I need to start sometime.

Steve

I saw an ad for these wines and I was pretty excited about them, as they both sounded like pretty exciting blends.

Reading this thread and finding out they're small kits at (what seems to me to be a) high price, I'm having a hard time trying to justify ordering them. I'm not really sure why I'd order these kits if I can get the RJ Spagnols Grand Cru International kits for the same price.

Last edited:
Hi, guys . just joined today. Have some info about the Coastal Sunset Wines. Today racked both into secondary fementor, after 14 days. The white fermntation went quickly and finished at about day11. SG below 0.990. I started the red about 4 days later but it also finished quickly. Today SG 0.993. I've stabilized both, tomorrow clearing. I'm going to age them for another 35 days . befor bottling. Any comments, suggestions W8

just did degassing today. lots and lot of foam. I read somewhere that I should degass until little foam results. Then add the clarifier and let it age.

Latest posts

Back