New wine room

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far so good. All the excruciating detail & time in waterproofing this room seems to be holding to this rain. The next few days will tell the tale.

This is just after I had all the junk out & ready to start. Big change & most of the work was in prep. Not just the painting.

image-2828881755.jpg

OMG, I thought I was looking at before and after in that order also. I loved the red brick. Is this actually your basement. It looks like a warehouse. I never saw brick in a basement before, but I like it.

Everyone told me to save the brick, but unfortunately it was actually in very bad shape. I had to so drainage from the exterior & waterproofing from the interior. It wasn't as pretty close up as u may think. Lots of work needed.

I have a game room above in a nice 20x20. Pool table, foosball, darts, poker & air hockey. My 5 & 8 yr olds love it.

Had termites, but think I've got them under control.

Here's the building. The doors are my next project. The left will be sealed completely, the right I'm going to modify into a steel occupant door & locking swing out. I want to keep it rustic looking & original as possible.

image-1557804925.jpg

You can see the fruit trees up on the hill. Many varieties of apple, cherry, peach & plum.

Trying to do a little over the winter. The doors have been framed in, insulated & sealed / waterproofed on the inside. I wanted to keep them as original as possible on the outside so I used the old shed doors. Installed the occupant door & made it secure. Plumbing is all purchased, just need to get the stainless steel tables & sinks leveled & secured before running water lines. Should be ready way ahead of harvest this year.
Brian

image-2867798224.jpg

Thanks runningwolf! Sometimes I think this old farm is a blessing, sometimes the amount of work it needs & the upkeep can be exhausting. Here are some new pics from inside. It's getting very close to useable.

image-1949407763.jpg

image-109604149.jpg

image-2437155164.jpg

image-745665266.jpg

Latest posts

Back