Mike

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaudet

Reaction score
Hi I'm Mike, from New Orleans. Just getting into this fascinating hobby. Hope to expand my knowledge and horizons here. Looks like a great learning place.

Welcome to the forum Mike. Glad to have you here to share your learning experience or whatever else you want to share(within reason). What kits are you going to begin with?

Welcome Mike. Ask any questions you want and share with us all your experiences.

appleman said:
Welcome to the forum Mike. Glad to have you here to share your learning experience or whatever else you want to share(within reason). What kits are you going to begin with?

I am experimenting with fruit wines first. I've got 6 gallons in secondary now I racked it this morning with a sg of 1.020. Being an amateur I decided to pitch some campden in it and let it come to an end. I started with an OG of 1.120.

Adding campden will not stop a fermentation in progress nor will sorbate. It would take an non-recommended dosage to do so.

Welcome neighbor. I am right up the road from you in Gonzales. Look forward to hearing about your wines.

Well this is my experimentation batch. It has been tasty in the few samples we have tried. I was reading that you need to campden it every other racking. This was my second racking and I didn't do it the first time. I thought the campden would hinder / stop fermentation.

Welcome and glad to have your contribution to the forum. As you can see when you have a question you will get answers and opinions quickly.

We have a very knowledgeable membership and they are very willing to assist you in your time of need.

Have fun and happy wine making!

Welcome, Mike. Enjoy the hobby and the process.
smiley36.gif

Back