WineXpert Cellar Classic Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rottie6667

Junior
Reaction score
I have made many wine expert kit and when it is time to ad the fining agent to clear the wine you always stirr the sediment back in the clearing agents. The rj spagnols kit tells you to rack off the wine and leave the sediment behind and the add the clearing agent. First time I have ever done a kit like this wondering if any of you had made a kit like this and if I should clear it the way you would a wine expert kit as should as I get my right hydrometer readings. Thank's for any input Joe

Joe,

I haven't made any of those kits, but can tell you everyone says to follow the directions that came with the particular kit you have. They have all determined that their procedure results in the best finished product for that kit. Nothing says you can't do it another way, but some manufacturers won't warranty the product if you don't follow their directions.

Good luck with it.

I concur, when in doubt follow the instructions from the manufacturer for their kit.

The great thing about just following the instructions is thatwe don't have to do all the thinking! It's already been done for us! I have a great appreciation for that. As hard as it is for me to admit some days, there are people out there who are smarter than I am!
smiley36.gif
(And other days I say, "Thank goodness there are lots of people out there who are smarter than I am!
smiley9.gif
)

So just follow the instructions and all should be well. They want us to make good wines from their kits so that we'll buy more of their kits.

Did anyone mention to follow the directions?
smiley36.gif
Bur seriously, I have made a couple Cellar Craft kits (both grape pack kits)and if I remember correct, it was the same as WE kits, you stirred the fining agent in and just mixed it all up. I will try to confirm this tonight when I get home as I still have the instruction packet.

Smurfe

I re-read your post and you are making a Cellar Classic, this is a different brand from Cellar Craft kits. I always get them confused. My apologies.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

RJ Spagnols uses a much gentler fining agent in a lot of their kits, so they do not want a lot of sediment stirred back into their kits. Follow the instructions and be patient. I know that with other kit brands, clearing is quite fast. On RJS kits, clearing can take the full 3-4 weeks.

So...what IS the difference between "Celler Classics" and "Celler Craft?" Are they both RJ Spagnols products? Or just a way to confuse us folks with less worldly experience!

smiley5.gif

Cellar Classic is a RJS product and is comparable to the Selection series by Winexpert.

Cellar Craft is a totally different brand and not an RJS product.

I thank all of you for your input I also agree you should follow the direction, I quest that when you always do the other kits the same way as far as the clearing goes I just wanted to make sure there was'nt some kind of type o. I did read the direction again and it does say to rack off the sediment first, so that is the way I'am going. Dean you are right about the clearing time it said to let set at least 3weeks. Smurf by the way how are you doing with all those we limited edtion kits as I remember correctly you pick all of them up. I just started the one the one I got from George in april. Thank again everybody really like being part of this forum.

rottie6667 said:
Smurf by the way how are you doing with all those we limited edtion kits as I remember correctly you pick all of them up. I just started the one the one I got from George in april. Thank again everybody really like being part of this forum.

Doing good, got the last one going a couple days ago. Have the rest in the bottle. The only one I tried so far was a bottle of the Trio Blanco. It is gonna be good but still needs some age. I have high hopes for all of them. It was a good line-up. Can't wait to see what this year brings.

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back