Question about refrigeration

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
Hubby's brother came from MI to NC for turkey day. He was anxious to try our endeavors. We had one gallon of muscadine we racked to 2 of the 1/2 gallon carboys. I put them in the fridge because I did not sorbate. The one half gallon I sweetened with the juice of Honey Crisp apples that I boiled down and siphoned to the muscadine. I should mention this was only 2 months old..
We drank the one half gallon and it was quite good but not clear because of the Honey Crisp apples. That was OK.

Question is the other 1/2 gallon is still in the fridge that I did not add the juice. It still has the air lock on. Can I remove it from the fridge and let it set to age now? Or did I mess up by putting it in the fridge? He wanted us to let it age if possible, until he stops back in May on his way back to MI.

Thoughts?

No reason to keep them in the fridge at all. Make sure they are sulfited properly and topped off at all times and they can bulk age just fine.

The reason I did not sulfite was I was not sure if we would drink more then a "taste". We did drink the 1/2 gallon because it was quite tasty once I added the juice of the Honey Crisp. I will do that today and top it off then.

Yes top off and sulfite. Put in a cool area and let it age. Make sure airlock stays filled.

Latest posts

Back