My plan for 2017 wine from California grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you getting the PM from Pearmund? They got any more?

Are you getting grapes or juice for the whites?

Are you getting the PM from Pearmund? They got any more?

Are you getting grapes or juice for the whites?

It is Pearmund and he was hesitant about the PM for some reason. He didn't seem to have a problem with the Tannat or Norton. I'll ask though. I'm not sure about the yield of the PM. How much are you planning on making?

It's all grapes although I never asked about juice.

I'd be looking to have 6 gallons in the end. PM or Viognier, but I really liked their PM.

I've heard of beer makers using it in a mash to increase flow (and avoid a "set mash") when they sparge, but haven't heard about that in regards to winemaking.

Cool article. I've read about the rice hulls in a couple articles, but haven't heard any actual accounts of anyone using rice. But I have heard people using this same principle by dropping stems in between cakes in basket presses for channels of juice flow.
When dealing with smaller batches that "significantly more yield" might come in handy.

For those who order from Harford, their California section is now "live". Looks like a very slight price increase (Lanza Cab when from $64.50 per lug to $65.00). There are some interesting "Out of Stock" grapes I see.

Addition: I also noticed that they are carrying the Italian juices again this year.

Last edited:
Cr@p! One is the Pinot Noir that I'd planned to make this year.

Time for plan "B". What is plan "B"?

I'd wait a bit. I noticed a few "Out of Stock" that are now in Stock in the last hour or so. You could always go with the Amador Gold version, +/- $14 a lug cheaper? The Lodi version is way cheaper too boot. But we know what we've been getting from Suisun Valley, so that is a bummer if it is true that they can't get any.

Suisun Valley, El Dorado Pinot Noir is available... expensive, but there are 100 lugs from what the website says.

That's the one I want. I'm nervous about making a Pinot Noir, because there are so many that disappoint me. So I want to get the best grapes I can. I trust Lanza after these few years to deliver a quality product.

That's the one I want. I'm nervous about making a Pinot Noir, because there are so many that disappoint me. So I want to get the best grapes I can. I trust Lanza after these few years to deliver a quality product.

If you don't like it, just send it up to me and Jim, we'll take proper care of it for you....burp :h

Bottom left side of the pic. Every one of them says 100 units.

Still not seeing that.

If they accept my money and don't give me my grapes I'm a gonna make them wish they hadn't disappointed me...if uins know what I mean...

Just kidding. I'm a wimp at heart.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back