Carboy Blues: what would you do?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshayogi

Junior
Reaction score
I got a great deal on old glass 5 gallon carboys.

It was on Craigslist - I met up with the guy and he was really nice - we even had a coffee.

He told me he used them for making wine.

I picked them up over a year ago and now I'm ready to use them but I'm wondering if I should.

Is there a suggested cleaning technique that I should use here?

Would any of you be worried?

Thank you in advance.

Really? Bleach is all I use for sanitation. Never heard of this or tasted anything

Idk if I buy this. Drinking Water can contain a bit of bleach, but if you let it sit uncovered for a bit it disappates and no longer tastes or smells or bleach.

Carboy Blues... Any musically talented member here who could write a blues song fitting the title? :>

Really? Bleach is all I use for sanitation. Never heard of this or tasted anything

Idk if I buy this. Drinking Water can contain a bit of bleach, but if you let it sit uncovered for a bit it disappates and no longer tastes or smells or bleach.

I've used diluted bleach to sanitize containers for making mead, but I always rinsed carefully afterwards. No problems I could attribute to either bleach contamination or unsanitary conditions.

But some sanitizers don't require rinsing. I'm using Star San now for that reason - it's more convenient.

Latest posts

Back