The Blueberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.035 this morning, added second dose of nutrients, punched it down and mixed vigorously, as I have been, with the drill and paddle. Looking and smelling really solid so far.

Pics John.....:HB

LOL, sorry, sometimes I forget pics. This one is just after a good drill/paddle punch down. The berries swell back up very quickly. Typically leave the spoon, thermometer, and paddle in the bucket til pressing, cuts down on sanitizing and cleaning. I suspect I'll be pressing and racking tomorrow evening.

image.jpg

So John, I think you had 40lbs of blueberries and got a net of about 6gal worth of wine? Did you say how much total water you added?

Yes, back on the first page, 3 gallons water. It was a little less than that actually, one of the gallons wasn't quite full, but for all practical purposes, it was 3.

@Johnd
So clue me in on that press of yours. You make it? Buy it? Etc.? Looks nice.

@wineforfun

I got it from Pleasant Hill Grain, it's worked out really nicely for me so far. It's super easy to use, very heavy duty, and the sanitizing / cleanup is a snap. I extended the legs 12", now a carboy fits right underneath the discharge spout, so I go straight from the primary, through the press, into the carboy.

@Johnd
Thanks. It looks sturdy. Where is Pleasant Hill Grain? I found one in Nebraska, but doubt you came up here for it. How much was it?

@wineforfun

That's the right one, no, I didn't go up there, ordered it and had it delivered down here.

Really. How much was it?
They are only 1 1/2hrs. from me. May have to look into it.

Latest posts

Back