What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brothers Drake just released a PBJ mead.. the taproom I was at didn’t have it (boo!) but they had another I hadn’t sampled - Bergamot Blue.

My kudos to Brothers Drake, I would never have thought to ferment pencil shavings!

My wife and I inventoried the long term aging part of our wines. Found about a case of 2012 Chambourcin. This would be about the first year we made wine from fresh grapes. We are somewhat impressed. No wine diamonds, just a little bit of tannin color dropping out. But oh my goodness, the nose has hints of oak and chocolate in it, with wonderful red fruits. The taste is very impressive. We have it to our kids (30ish in age) the were amazed. One even said I don't normally like Chambourcin, but this is really good.

2F1B90CE-3CC6-4852-A03C-E720D824EEB7.jpeg Opened a bottle of my first dragons blood-Bella Rosso. I didn’t think we would like it as much as we do. Will definitely make this again!

I'm drinking my own Dandelion Wine.............and it's and bit stronger than I remember.

This wine speaks to me for some reason.

32130410_10156358606392840_5240793766880608256_o.jpg

Was craving something a little sweet and ended up going with the blueberry hard lemonade. Hitting the spot on this warm, sunny day.

At dinner last night, we brought a red, a white and something in the middle, to share with family (a two Birthday dinner out).

I brought the raspberry dragonfruit Shiraz for my oldest daughter, the Luna for my son and wife, and Craig's (ceeaton) Brunello for me, my daughter's fiancé and my MIL.

Kathy (wife) tasted the Brunello... said it was the best wine Craig has made so far. Nicely aged, with only a little smidge of kittishness. Dark, complex, integrated tannins with a blackberry and leather palate. I may have to grab one of these before they're all gone.

Back