MM All Juice Bucket and 6.5 gal lid?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A62Rambler

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 6.5 gal lid that The Winemakers Toy Store sells fit the MM All Juice buckets? I'm wanting a primary for the 3 gal kits. Since I will have two of the buckets anyway, it just seems logical.

Dont the all juice containers have lids? dont know if those lids fit, sounds like a pm to George or even a phone call.

You made me do it...I got up, walked allll the way to my storage area and tried it. Yes they do.

If you have the lids that came with the all juice kits, the place for the airlock is marked, and easy to drill out, I did that with mine also. New gaskets are even lower cost than lids.Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Just drill a hole i.n the lid to accept a rubber bung. I prefer these
over the rubber grommets as the grommets sometimes leak and you can pop
it off and use it for a gallon jug also.

Thanks for the replies. My concern was that the MM lids only hold in four places and was unsure of the seal holding. I guess for prmary fermentaion it doesn't really matter.

Wade I bought a bung for that purpose so, I'll try it and see.

Actually some people, excluding me, dont even use the lid and just
cover it with a cloth to keep the creapy crawlies or fruit flies out.
You dont need a tight seal during primary as oxygen is good at this
point in the game for the yeast to multiply. I apply lid and
arlock just to be safe as I use to have a cat in my basement that would
have access to my primary and would sleep on anything and I didnt want
to ferment any cat ine and since Ive had no problems this way I
continue to do it this way to be sure to keep any bugs out of there.

I drilled a 5/8" hole in the lid and put in a No2 bung with a hole for the airlock. It works. Best of all the four places holding the lid make it easier to get off and on. Now I wish the 7.9 gal lids were that easy.
smiley1.gif

Latest posts

Back