Photo of Almond Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
Thought I would share this photo of our almond wine in secondary
The 2-gallon batch made 2 gallons plus one quart. The quart is in the fridge in case we need it latter for topping off.

This is wine supposed to taste like Amaretto.

almond.wine.jpg

I have never heard of almond wine until this forum. Your picture looks beautiful! I can imagine how yummy that will taste.

Elsewhere on this forum I posted the recipe. And I had never heard of it until I found this forum and the recipe. And like you, it sounded very good.

I searched many different recipes on the internet and they were pretty much the same. I am still fairly new to wine making and needed some help because all the recipes lacked detail.

I don't think so but will have to wait until it is done aging to see how it tastes.

I recycled the almonds and raisins that was used to start it. I put them in a bowl in the fridge and it is wonderful on oatmeal with a little cinnamon and brown sugar!

vschlaff, not sure if you saw the recipe. It is supposed to taste like Amaretto and that is what intrigued me.

I did!! I think I might give this a try sometime and mix it with a fruit!

looks awesome! would really love to try something like that in the future. Small question about the quart. Any problems closing the quart like that? Since there is no airlock? Would it burst?

I put it in the fridge. I save anything smaller then a half gallon in quart jars in the fridge in case I need to top off later.

I was wondering the same thing. Does it suspend fermentation until it is added into the secondary? Or do you add it back in after fermentation is done?

Evidently even though we could not detect any fermentation, there was some very slight fermentation going on.

I did not rack over the small amount of lees when we put it in secondaries. There is an occasional bubble in the airlocks.

I do plan to follow the recipe and add sugar dissolved in the wine in 3 weeks to the carboy.

I have both carboys on the kitchen table covered in a heavy bath towel so I can keep a closer eye on them. This is the warmest room and they are sitting a few feet from a south window.

Giovannino I wondered if this would clear but looking at the photo in the one link you posted, it does not look like it will.....time will tell though.

What is curious is the many recipes for Almond wine I looked none mention sorbate, k-meta or fining.

I don't see any sediment in the bottom of the 2 carboys either.

Back