What are you making and what have you made ???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just bought another wine kit last night: Cellar Craft Showcase Austrian Gruner-Veltliner. I'll be making this next year as well.

More importantly, the Cellar Craft International Quartet Syrah (Shiraz) kit I have is now out of the box and in the primary fermenter. :r

Is the idea to keep updating my earlier post on this thread as I add things, or was it a point-in-time kind of thing?

I think we should do an update, I would love to see this post continuing.

Julie

Julie, Julie, Julie...you're really making me hungry for a piece of pie after reading the wines you have aging. I agree about editing original posts. It would keep this thread from getting too long. Another thing we could do is just cut and paste from the old post into a new one and edit accordingly. Then it appears as a fresh post.

dont want to think that hard today, So I have Lodi ranch Cab Sauv ,Pinot Grigio, some French Kit I came up with and cant spell or pronouns,and Plum going right now

making.

dont want to think that hard today, So I have Lodi ranch Cab Sauv ,Pinot Grigio, some French Kit I came up with and cant spell or pronouns,and Plum going right now

working:
35 gallons elderberry
10 gallons black raspberry
1 gallon cranberry/banana from juice
1 gallon Doles tropcial fruit with a few bananas and 8 oz lime juice
1 gallon raspberry from frozen juice
5 gallons elderberry/wild grape/blueberry

Bottled:
Lime from Skeeter Pee Recipe
Skeeter Pee
Blueberry
A few bottle of wild grape, blue berry, black berry, and elderberry about 3 years old to see how it tastes as it ages.

No wild grape this year ( a favorite with my wine drinkers) as the berries didn't develope. Probably due to lack of moisture this spring and summer.

Also have a cople gallons of morels in the freezer.

Wish List: Tempranillo, Blueberry Pinot-Nior
Primary: Chocolate Raspberry Port
Second: Blueberry
Cooking: Madera
Bottles: Orange Muscat, Peach Icewine, Blueberry, Still Cider, Sparkling Cider

Yes edit your original post then just post a quick line saying you updated ,maybe let us know what page your list appears on so it's easy for us to look up.

Julie, Julie, Julie...you're really making me hungry for a piece of pie after reading the wines you have aging.

LOL Pie?????? You sound like my husband, wanting to know when I was going to make him a pie, I told him as soon as I was done making wine! :slp

OK, I updated, on page 2. We bottled the cherry and hot pepper.

Julie

Last edited:
What's Fermenting

Aging / Fermenting

6 gal Raspberry
6 gal Plum
6 gal Italian Borolo
6 gal Italian Dolcetto
6 gal Italian Cabernet Sauvignon
6 gal Nebbiolo

Home of the
Moon River Brewery
and
Delanco Vineyards

Last edited:
Just found this thread.
In Primary - RQ Italian Barbaresca - finally got around to starting it
In Carboys - double batch of RQ Okanagan Red Meritage
Bulk Aged and Ready to Bottle - LE Dolcetto, WE LOVZ, Cru Select Cal Pinot Noir
Bulk Aging - none
Just Bottled - LE S.A. Cab Sauv, White Choc Port x2, Niag. Mist Peach Chard,
OB Peach Chard, GrandCru Valpolicella
To Be Started - GrandCru Pinot Chard, GrandCru Sauv Blanc
Ordered - LE Petit Verdot, Brunello & Pacific Quartet x2
- RQ Torrentes, Trio do Vinho Tinto, S.A. Cab Franc Merlot

That will do me for the year, except for maybe a couple of beer kits and mist kits this summer.
.. Doug

Going

Started some onion wine using Keller's receipe yesterday.

Added some garlic, lime juice. rosemary, and thyme.

Smells pretty good so far. :sh

a

. Another thing we could do is just cut and paste from the old post into a new one and edit accordingly. Then it appears as a fresh post.

If you go back and delete the first one so we don't read the same list in numerous posts ,it would make this too long and confusing if we posted again & again . Just trying to keep it simply .

If you go back and delete the first one so we don't read the same list in numerous posts ,it would make this too long and confusing if we posted again & again . Just trying to keep it simply .

Yeah Darlene you're right. Since posting that comment we've updated things here where we just use a link to our post and its a great concept. Updating our original post is simple also.

Completed:
12 gls Symphomy (WineXpert)
6 gls Blackberry (fruit)
6 gls peach/pear (fruit)
6 gls Strawberry (Vintners Harvest wine base)
3 gls Raspberry (Oregon Fruit Products Rasbry Puree)
3.5 gls Chocolate Strawberry Port (Wades Recipe)
5.5gls Northwest Pale Ale (Mirror Pond Clone)

In Primary:
Air

In Secondary:
Luna Bianca (WineXpert)
Fruit Teabag Wine (Allies Recipe)

Between my Ears:
Formulating a 6gl recipe for chocolate strawberry port, Wade got me hooked

you can take strawberry wine and just add a chocolate liqour in the right proportions. atleast that's how we made it. technically this would be "fortified" and not port, but port is from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_wine

for those of you that haven't heard/read the above.

seen port being made on the "thirsty travelor" and it was pretty cool.

boyd> we made green tomato and basil wines. green tomato isn't bad, actually tastes like lemons. basil is a month or so from bottling.

I was thinking of using Monin chocolate syrup since the monin strawberry worked good in Wades recipe. And it's carried at a store about a mile from me. The brandy is a must have too for me, it gives it that extra little bite. With a pint being used in the 3 gallon recipe I will go with a fifth... or close to it anyway.

Onions

Boyd do you drink this wine or cook with it ?

My brother uses it to cook wild game.

Puts it in his crock pot in the morning frozen and it is ready to go in the evening. He says it is very good.

I think it would mellow enough to drink in a year or so but I gave him the whole gallon the last time in pint grolish bottles. Haven't had a taste since.

starting 6 gallon choc strawberry port. based off Wades 3 gallon recipe. wish me luck.... i'll post the recipe once i'm sure it's good

Cab. Sauv. in Baja Mexico

I'm barrel aging 60gal of Cabernet Sauvignon that I started in Oct '09. it has already finished MLF and I added some tartaric acid to level off as well as adding SO2 to keep it clean.
I have 2 carboys (5gal) of the same wine that I use for topping off and I will use when I draw off the lees at the end of this or begging of next month.

I have a concern that the wine in carboys has not gone under MLF it's still going still small bubbles coming up and the air lock is visibly moving, will I have any problem when I mix this wine in with the rest?

Thanks

In Primary

W E Cabernet Sauvignon
W E Limited Edition South African Shiraz

In Secondary

W E Cabernet Franc

Bottled Aging

W E Select International Italian Sangiovese
W E Sauvignon Blanc

On Deck

Green Apple Reisling
White Cranberry Pino Grisio