Digital scale recommendations

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldmack3

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my digital scale that will measure at .01g. At present it only reads .1 g

I see a lot of jewelry scales but would like some feedback on what others use, pros and cons.
Recommendations?
Thanks

I use an AWS-100 pocket scale that I got on Amazon for under $15. It measures to .01g up to a maximum of 100g. It has worked very well for me and really does fit in a shirt pocket. Hard to beat for the money.

one thing to make sure of when you buy a scale ifs that it's measurements are accurate.. verify it with objects of known mass out weight.

I noticed this model has a resolution of .5g.
In my other recent thread on MLF you talked about measuring out .05 g of VP41. Do you have a another scale with smaller resolution?

Try a digital powder scale for reloading. Don't know if it will go as low as you want, but worth a look. Arne.

I have several balance beam scales for reloading but not a digital. Hummmm..a new toy.

I have several balance beam scales for reloading but not a digital. Hummmm..a new toy.

LOL, it is terrible to get the I wants. Don't need it, gotta have it. Think it is Horniday that has one out, fill it with powder, it measures out the powder onto a scale witht the push of a button. My buddy has one and I have only seen it used once, think that is how it works. Arne.

Last edited:
Idmack3, this weighs out down to half gram, half gram is what I usually use for MLF. My apologies if my post was confusing, sometimes the fingers are working faster than the brain is processing...lol

No worries. My new .01 scale will be here tomorrow!
I actually need another one. As I was adding MLB trying to get to .5 g I dumped the entire package and it didn't register. So back in the pouch. Re-zero and second try it worked.

Most of the portable scales that are available on ebay have accuracy up to 0.01 grams. And also available in affordable price. Why not you try one of them because they have many features that you need.

Last edited:
Still stuck on a triple beam balance. Hard to trust the accuracy of a load cell for .01 grams at $15 bucks.:? Maybe I'm just old.

I have a Hornady GS-1500. comes with calibration weight and pan. it will weigh to one tenth grain (15.43 grains in a gram) and will do grain, gram, ounce and carat. it says graduation is .005g. It does have tare. I use it on the grain scale all the time and the accuracy seems to stay within a couple tenths of a grain compared to a balance beam. As Arne said I dont know if I would trust it with critical measurements like weighing powder for reloading. The advantage of a digital is the result is instantaneous.

Latest posts

Back