Where To Buy Bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rda327

Junior
Reaction score
smiley1.gif
Hello from Chattanooga. Could anyone in the Chattanooga aria tell me where i could buy empty bottles. I can order online but shipping just cost to much.

If your area recycles ask them

If you know a restaurant / bar that goes thru alot of wine ask them

If you know any of your friends who drinks wine ask them to save them for you.

This is how I get most of mine.

THEY ARE FREE!

Me too, I rarely pay for mine unless Im looking for the special ones like the 375 ml Bellissima bottles.

I'll dittto tepe...Plenty of resources for freebies to be buying bottles unless you are wanting a specialty bottle

I bet I have at least 60 cases all delabeled and cleaned "waiting"

40# of apricots be OK for 6 gallons of wine?

Try the recycle place. It might cost a few bottles of wine. That's how I get mine!! And Welcome to the forum.

tepe said:
I bet I have at least 60 cases all delabeled and cleaned "waiting"

40# of apricots be OK for 6 gallons of wine?

They would have to be mighty good apricots for me to trade you 6 gallons of wine for them tepe
smiley36.gif

Actually podner I think about 3-4 lbs per gallon will suffice.

Waldo,
I'd be embarrassed to tell you what I paid for 80#'s ( 4 crates w/20-25#'s ea.)
And NO I will not trade for 6 gallons of finished wine. These are gonna be award winning Apricott Wine.

O Brother Apricot, Where Art Thou..........

I had an icewine made with apricots and honey, not sure what grape varietal it was because it was a long time ago. But it was pretty scrumptious for a desert wine. Hint Hint, Nudge Nudge

Also check if there are any wineries in your area. If there is, they could either have overrun bottles never used for about $5 a case of 12. If they have a tasting room, they also will have lots of empites. You can't re-use the bottles in a winery so they need to get rid of them.

gaudet said:
O Brother Apricot, Where Art Thou..........

I had an icewine made with apricots and honey, not sure what grape varietal it was because it was a long time ago. But it was pretty scrumptious for a desert wine. Hint Hint, Nudge Nudge

I've never tried an apricot winetepe..sure sounds good though. I used to really love Mom's fried Apricot pies.

Neither have I. But, since I make alot of fresh fruit wines this should come out great. I plan on adding a F-PAC and backsweeten. Time will tell

rda, what Tepe said.
smiley36.gif
My biggest supplier of bottles is my boss!! And co-workers. Trade them for a couple of bottles of wine and soon you will be loaded with empty wine bottles......for free!!!

uavwmn said:
rda, what Tepe said.
smiley36.gif
My biggest supplier of bottles is my boss!! And co-workers. Trade them for a couple of bottles of wine and soon you will be loaded with empty wine bottles......for free!!!

What does RDA mean?
smiley5.gif

tepe said:
uavwmn said:
rda, what Tepe said.
smiley36.gif
</font> My biggest supplier of bottles is my boss!! And co-workers. Trade them for a couple of bottles of wine and soon you will be loaded with empty wine bottles......for free!!!

What does RDA mean?
smiley5.gif
</font>

Tepe its the original poster's name abbreviated.....

2 weeks ago we went to a wine festival. Yes it did cost $ 20/ea to get in but I picked up 15 cases of empties. If I would have gone back at 6 when they closed I could of filled a pick-up. Do a search in your area for Wine and or Food Festivals.

gaudet said:
tepe said:
uavwmn said:
rda, what Tepe said.
smiley36.gif

What does RDA mean?
smiley5.gif

Tepe its the original poster's name abbreviated.....

LOL! thought it was a "secret" code

Latest posts

Back