Apricot wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotty

Reaction score
We just this hour got the Apricot whatever into the primary. We will wait 24 hours before pitching so as to allow pectic enzyme to work and so2 to escape.
I was not impressed with the 96 ounce can of vintners harvest Apricot fruit base. I had to stir it in the can to find apricots and what i found looked like apricot mist.
The same brand of raspberries that we used a few weeks back tostart theraspberry wine however was packed full of raspberries.
At any rate i will use my yeast starter bottle that I am so fond of and i made invert sugar syrup to use with this batch.

After this can of apricot base,i'm thinking of making a fruit cocktail wine, a peach and pear with off the shelf cans of fruit . I can get twice the amount of fruit for less than $12.

The fruit cocktail wine sound like it would be good. If there aren't many preservatives it should work out great. If you use the heavy syrup kind the SG should be good and high. Keep us up to date on all of their progress.

appleman said:
The fruit cocktail wine sound like it would be good. If there aren't many preservatives it should work out great. If you use the heavy syrup kind the SG should be good and high. Keep us up to date on all of their progress.

I buy fruit in pear juice rather than syrup but i can adjust the SG as needed. It is on the list. First I want to try a false wine using the raspberrys left from the raspberry wine combined with whatever is left after we remove the apricot from the fermenter bag. There wasnt much to start with but ill make it a 3 gallon batch any way.
My digital camera fell of my motorcycle last week along with my cell phone and hearing aid so pictures wont be coming soon.

Latest posts

Back