1 gallon recipes, hard to find!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only made 1 gal once ,,,, most times 5 gal ,, have made 10 ,15, 20 most times the 10 ,, dont use recipes ,, just look at one then just throw stuff together ,,

There are times when I make 1 gallon batches too. I had someone give me some POM juice enough to make a gallon of wine. This stuff cost $13.00 for a 48 oz bottle. It would have cost $138.66 to turn that 1 gallon into 5. I didn't even know If cared for the stuff. So I made the gallon to see. I do the same with many new or experimental wines.
BTW if anyone is interested, It would be worth the money to make 5 gallons. Great fruit flavor.

Yeah, the pom stuff is expensive but worth it, I paired it with blueberry and another with blackberries. Excellent.

Yeah, the pom stuff is expensive but worth it, I paired it with blueberry and another with blackberries. Excellent.

I made it straight, and really enjoy it, I am thinking of making some with a fruit blend. I now have 4 different blackberry going, so I doubt I will use that but blueberry sounds delicious. I wonder how Cherry Pomegranate would be?

I made it straight, and really enjoy it, I am thinking of making some with a fruit blend. I now have 4 different blackberry going, so I doubt I will use that but blueberry sounds delicious. I wonder how Cherry Pomegranate would be?

I bet it would be great. I would love to try a black cherry pom wine. Sounds good, but it is too expensive for me to make straight. I have to cut it with something.

I use this for Fruit wine 1 gal of wine.3lbs fruit 2lbs sugar top with water to make 1 gal.Add 1tspoon pectic emzyme,1 tsoon yeast energizer,1 tspoon yeast nutrient,1/8 tspoon tannin,1 Camden tablet crushed,1 tspoon acid blend,! pkg of wine yeast.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'm a bit new, so I thought I'd respond anyway. I picked up a book at my local brew shop called "Mary's Recipes". It's full of 1 gal. recipes. Author is Jerry Uthermann, published by The Purple Foot. http://www.purplefootusa.com/ Some interesting looking recipes.

Hi RighteousDrinker, My first wine making book was, "The joy of home wine making" by Terry Garey. While I don't think much of it as an instructional book the whole thing is one gallon recipes, 30 or 40 of them I guess. I have a 2 gallon primary and turn out 2 one gallon jugs after the primary fermentation. I do something different in each gallon as an experiment. My last 2 gallons one had 4 cinnamon sticks in it and the other had french oak in it, the base was concord/blackberry. Fran

Hey RighteousDrinker, try this link http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/request.asp for 1 gal recipes. I have never had any luck going from a 5 gal recipe to 1 gal but no problems going up from 1 gal. I would listen to Dominic1920, 1 gal will NOT be enough. For starters, wine gets better with age so if you make a really good batch, you should age at least 1 gal of it for at least 6mo to 1yr. You wont be sorry. I promise.

Latest posts

Back