WineXpert Island Mist Hard Pink Lemonade

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about adding another to the cellar while it's still available.

We had a bottle of our Pink Lemonade last night, since it was 91F here yesterday and I did some yard work. It's really weird to rake leaves when it's supposed to be so hot, and I don't recommend it, but hey, there's only 2 days in the weekend and it has to get done.

At 6 months old, this "wine" is really nice. The flavor doesn't punch you in the face as much as it did when it was first bottled, and it's mellowed down just perfectly to easily sip after mowing the lawn and watching football. It is tart and hits on the powdered Country Time Pink Lemonade flavors that I remember as a kid, so I'm really happy with this kit.

Enjoyed a bottle of Blueberry Lemonade, after six weeks of bottling, and it was smooth and delicious. I split the fpack, and it is a little sweet for us...like a great Sangria base. Very drinkable! If I make it again, will put all of the fpack upfront. Very tasty and surprisingly enjoyable!

Been reading all the posts and there are various opinions on when to add the Fpak. I just ordered this kit and it should arrive tomorrow. I am very excited about this because I love pink lemonade!! Any new suggestions or updates since you all have made this? Thanks!

I made this using the full F-pack at the end, and it is my favorite Island Mist kit so far. My hope for this wine was an alcoholic Country Time Lemonade, so the full F-pack at the end gave it the sweetness I was looking for. I don't keep many sweet wines, but this is one I'll keep making as long as it is offered. I think I can accept the sweetness because it also has the tartness from the lemon flavor. My by-the-book version is just over a year old now, and I'd happily make it the same way again.

I made this using the full F-pack at the end, and it is my favorite Island Mist kit so far. My hope for this wine was an alcoholic Country Time Lemonade, so the full F-pack at the end gave it the sweetness I was looking for. I don't keep many sweet wines, but this is one I'll keep making as long as it is offered. I think I can accept the sweetness because it also has the tartness from the lemon flavor. My by-the-book version is just over a year old now, and I'd happily make it the same way again.
+1 for adding the full F-pack at the end. I also bumped my starting SG up to about 1.085.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up using in the primary to bring your SG up? I like stronger wines as well.

Looking back on it, I also boosted the SG in primary, too. I use Domino sugar dissolved directly into the must prior to pitching the yeast. Typically my method is not recommended because it is harder to dissolve all the sugars, but hey I sleep the same.

For recommended ways to boost SG:
  1. Dissolve sugar into water at 2:1 ratio to make simple syrup, and add the syrup to the must until you reach your desired SG.
  2. Do the above as well as add Grape Concentrate to also add to flavor.
I've never added extra concentrate, so I don't have any experience on how that changes the wine, but Label Peelers offers it as an add-on to any Island Mist purchase, if you choose. Here is a link to show what I mean: https://labelpeelers.com/wine-makin...it-wines/island-mist-black-cherry-pinot-noir/. they offer both sugar and concentrate, and at the bottom of their normal Island Mist kit pages they have a "boosting guide".

But like I said, I just add Domino sugar because I already have it in my house and I buy my sugar from Costco, so I have more than enough :) I typically target 1.075 SG for these Island Mist kits because that is my personal "sweet" spot (pardon the pun) for alcohol in these lighter wines.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up using in the primary to bring your SG up? I like stronger wines as well.
I boosted my SG by adding corn sugar and white grape juice concentrate. Both can be purchased from Label Peelers along with the kit.

Well I did it! I received my kit and got it in the fermenter last night. I took the SG up to 1.080 since I like a little more bite...:r
Really excited about this batch since my wife doesn't like the dry reds with tannin and oak like I do. This will be more like liquid happiness for her....besides a happy wife is a happy life...;). I saved the entire fpac for the end. I hope that's not a mistake because I cannot drink sweet wines. Crossing my fingers it will satisfy both our needs.

I had a bottle of the Pink Lemonade last night. It is just shy of 13 months since pitching the yeast, and it is still really good! To me it takes like it has lost a bit of sweetness, but in a good way, so I am still very happy with this kit.

Latest posts

Back