Cellarmasters LA 42nd Amateur Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I did OK. All six wines medaled. 2 Gold, 4 Silver. :db

Gold 85%Zin/PS/Syrah 2012 Michael Randow
Gold 50%Zin/CS/S/PS 2012 Michael Randow
Silver Merlot/50%CS/Malbec/CF/PV 2011 Michael Randow
Silver Merlot/60%CS/Malbec/CF/PV 2011 Michael Randow
Silver 60% Merlot/Malbec/PV 2011 Michael Randow
Silver 80% CS/Merlot/CF/PV 2011 Michael Randow

Thanks Jim,

Especially proud of these as they were my first entry and first medals for a wine(s) from fresh grapes.

Thanks! I entered this one last year as well as they seem to have their act together. Some amateur competitions take months for the results to be posted. Don't know how many wines were entered in total but they posted the medal distribution as being 36 gold, 74 silver, 52 bronze.

Congratulations Mike, I love this competition. Did you join their club? I used to belong to it, they put out a good newsletter. I took best of show years ago for my Apple.

I haven't joined so far but IIRC you also get a discount on the entry fee if you are a member. The one thing I ESPECIALLY like about this competition is the fact that wines are sent to a business address. It cost ~50% less to ship to a business address than it does to a household for some reason. I took advantage of the cheap shipping and $10 entry fee on top! LOL

Its Awards Season! Finally got my hardware. 6 for 6. 2 Gold's and 4 Silvers. Ooh Rah!

Why is there always that one judge that is bent on destroying your average. 3 judges give you 17.5-19.5pts and this one guy gives me 15-16pts on every wine.......

IMG_0904.jpg

Latest posts

Back