Cellar Craft Initial top up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markb1983

Reaction score
I have been searching the forums and have not found my answer. I'll see what the experts on here thing would be a good Idea.

I'm looking at starting with cellar craft amarone, or eclipse Barolo or eclipse cab sauv lol. During the initial primary fermenter phase it says top up to 23 liters with water.
What would happen if I were to use a like wine I. This part?

My question is this.

Sorry I'm using my phone. If it any part doesn't flow that's why. Lol. iPhones :/

Bring it up to the 23L mark with water (spring water is preferable). Kits are designed to be topped with water in this phase. Sorry, don't know what the implications would be if you used a like wine.

Hey that's! I have used bottled water but was always curios as to why and what if I was to use a wine. Thanks for te input!

Most kits are comprised of grape juice and grape juice concentrate. You need to top up with water to reconstitute the concentrate portion. The concentrate, with its high sugar content, is necessary to preserve the kit while it sits on the shelf. If you used wine instead of water to bring it back to 23 liters, the sugar content would be too high for the yeast to work. Also these kit wines are balanced for fruit, acidity and tannins and using wine instead of water would throw these off.
Those are some good kits you listed so you don't want to mess them up!!

Latest posts

Back