Getting Excited!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkinman

Reaction score
My wife and I are going to see the Eagles perform at Bethel Woods (site of the original Woodstock Festival in 69), this Thursday, this is their History of the Eagles Tour, it will include Joe Walsh, no opening band, it is going to be a blast!
Two days later, we are going to see Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bad Company, we are bringing our kids with us (not really kids, adults at soon to be 20 & 21).
The set lists are amazing, all of their best songs!

2 Great Bands! Either one would be awesome to go to, and you get both! Enjoy the shows!

Thanks!, my wife and I are going to go up there early and try to go to the Woodstock Festival Museum as well!
My wife is so damn cool!

I have been up to the museum about a year or two ago. Man, did they do a great job setting that up. It was so good that I actually wanted to turn around and go through the exibits again!

I am willing to bet that there will be no Don Fleder at the Eagles concert!

I saw Don Henley a few weeks ago at a private event. He was good BUT he did a lot of his solo stuff and I really missed Joe Walsh in the Eagles tunes, especially Hotel California. He talked about the August reunion tour and implied they would all be together.

Thread stealer . . . Other than me how many of you have actually stood on the corner of 2nd and Kinsley? :a1

Thread stealer . . . Other than me how many of you have actually stood on the corner of 2nd and Kinsley? :a1

Don't recall which one exactly, but I have stood on a corner in Winslow Arizona.

These days I really like my concerts on my 60" Plasma with 5.1 surround sound! Best seat in the house every time, no standing in lines, no $5 cup of beer, no 200 mile round trip getting home at 1:00AM, no 90 min wait to get OUT of the concert AFTER its over! :)

E1AM45.JPG

Wheeew, that sucks, we have stadiums and concert venues all over the place here, Bethel woods isn't that expensive if you want to grab a drink or a bite to eat.

We have some really nice (outdoor) venues (fantastic weather during the Summer/Fall) in ABQ but that 200 mile RT thing getting home at 1:00AM is a killer these days. You could always get a hotel room but then that tacks on another $100 or so. Unless you leave (quickly) during the encore you will be stuck in traffic for close to ~ 60 min waiting to get out as they only have 1-2 exits out of the venues. Not like a stadium with 20 exits.....

True, but to be honest, just to see the look on my wife's face when we got the tickets...that was priceless.

Lmao! Ok,
The concert was amazing, Don Henley starts out narrating year by year, as he tells about the year, they played the best hits from that year; while doing this, they introduce the band, one by one, the crowd exploded when Joe Walsh came out! Walsh can still freakin rock! They played from 8pm until after 11 pm, only taking one short 10 or 15 min break. Don Henley can still hit all of the high notes, just freaking amazing! Glen Frey sounded great after warming up a bit, he couldn't hit all of the high notes, but still sounded great, These guys are in their 60's, and they sound better than a lot of younger bands! Joe Walsh was amazing, he played a few of his own tunes like Life's been good and rocky mountain way to name a few.
These guys were cutting up on each other all night, ad libbing lyrics and laughing their asses off, it was well worth the money we paid for the tickets!
As far as pics...hmmmm....gotta have my wife transfer some from her phone.
Tomorrow....Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bad Company!

Latest posts

Back