Illinois anyone??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is that?
smiley4.gif

Welcome guitar...what wines are you making?

just started my first batch waldo! its a Castel del Papa

kind of a crazy story...

I actually don't even drink and never tried wine until maybe 5 months ago... I play in a band and last fall we played at a grape stomp at mackinaw vineyard in central Illinois www.mackinawvalleyvineyard.com and just fell in love with the place and started talking to the owner and thought the whole wine making process was great! so I started reading and studying about wine for about 5 or 6 months and started drinking a few different wines and started to really enjoy it. So I finally bought a nice kit from the wine makers toy store and just started my first batch yesterday.

I have never tried Castel del Papa but the owner recomended it and it sounded like something I would like... I think since I am new to wine I really haven't found the tast for more of a dry wine yet.. I have been enjoying some more sweet wines... another local vineyard makes a great wine I have been drinking kickapoo creek winery ... also at christmas I had some moscato d'asti that was pritty good... so if anyone else has any great recomandations let me know! haha

I will be in ohio in march! my girlfriend is competing in the Arnold classic figure competition... lol

guitar309 said:
I will be in ohio in march! my girlfriend is competing in the Arnold classic figure competition... lol

Well good luck to her and to you, or doesn't she get short tempered when tightning up the few weeks before?

Iwas born and raised in Illinois but moved to Louisiana 10 years ago. I am from Shelbyville.

yes smikes she can! lol... but the cool thing is right before they go on stage they have a glass of wine.. I think it does something to there blood to help pump the muscles up right before they walk out.. I will have to ask her.. but anyway... that means I will just have to bring some of my new homemade wine so the girls have something to drink before the show! lol

I grew up playing blues and classic rock... but I play anything and everything... country, rock, metal, whatever.... I am currently in a local cover band that just plays a lot of classic rock and dance songs...

as far as guitars I have a pretty good collection, I have about 8 right now.. 2 gibson les pauls, a S.R.V. strat, 2 warmoth custom strats, 2 halo guitars and 1 acoustic my chemistry teacher built for me.. lol

You sound about like my one son. He plays anything and everything. He isn't in any band, but just loves playing. He only has a couple of them since he is young and can't afford better. His ear can pick up and remember everything it seems to me.

ok so I asked my girlfriend and she said its because the natural sugars in it brings out vascularity and pumps up the muscles :)

so if your getting ready for a hot date just dehydrate yourself and then drink some wine... (insert arnold schwarzenegger voice)... It will pump you up!!

Latest posts

Back