New wine maker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwhiskers

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I am about ready to get started making wine. I have my hardware kit on hand including a floor corker, hand capper and 3-six gallon better bottles (may get a couple more of the ones morewinemaking sells). I went ahead and ordered a scale for small measurements with the calibration weight from Amazon today.

I am wanting to start with a batch of Apfelwein and Skeeter Pee and then go from there to a mixed berry.

Holy Smokes there Whiskers, you didn't order all that good stuff by not lurking around here for a while. Welcome to the forum and glad to have you on board and posting. Feel free to ask questions anytime and don't piss off Julie. LOL kidding.

I ordered the scale that you recently ordered while lurking.

I did make some basic meads, but wanted to move to wine. I have been really reading and soaking up a lot of info from several sites, now I am ready to get started.

Well I bought two books from Amazon and am really anxious to get them.

"The Joy of Home Wine Making"

"The Wine Maker's Answer Book"

Hopefully they will both be good books.

Hi oldwhiskers,

Welcome to winemakingtalk.

Dan stop trying to get others in the corner.

Welcome wiskers. Let us know if you have any questions and be sure to share your progress. Good luck.

Holy Smokes there Whiskers, you didn't order all that good stuff by not lurking around here for awhile. Welcome to the forum and glad to have you on board and posting. Feel free to ask questions anytime and don't piss off Julie. LOL kidding.
Dan, be careful about how you refer to lurking. Only I can do that. LMAF :h :h :h

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I have learned quite a lot already while lurking. Soon I will be able to really get started.

Back