Florida now ,from Kentucky

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyjake

Junior
Reaction score
Moved here about three years ago with 40 gallon of finished wine which is long gone but canned the elderberries and blackberries from the freezer.Have used all the elderberries but still have enough blackberries to make 12 gallon which am planning to start a batch today.Bottled all my wines a couple days ago and plan to start four batches of five or six gallon,blackberry,lemon,cranberry-concord from store bought juice and a sour orange when they get ripe enough.

.looks like I have a neighbor. I moved from NH to Port Charlotte 3 years ago. Been making alittle wine from kits only, about 30 gals. Only doing it in the winter, gets to hot in summer. Maybe we can get together.

Wino from the North

Welcome to the forum a lot of info here.
There are a number of members on the west coast of Florida I'm just above you in Venice. We winter here and my wine cellar is in RI. I try but can never haul enough aged bottles down south. On the plus side the wine I left up north will be six months older when I return.

Be nice and interesting if a few of us local winemakers could get together.
Put together two batches today,blackberry from juice I canned before moving here and one of concord and cranberry from grocery store juice.Added two pound canned elderberries to the blackberry.

Welcome ky jake & others. I too live near by in N. Ft. Myers. We make 400-500 bottles a year. We have a dedicated wine room to make it & age it at 67*, should be a little cooler but then it's too cold to work in! It would be interesting getting together. I met Geek, from Conn over the holidays and shared some wine with him, it was great. Roy

Welcome ky jake & others. I too live near by in N. Ft. Myers. We make 400-500 bottles a year. We have a dedicated wine room to make it & age it at 67*, should be a little cooler but then it's too cold to work in! It would be interesting getting together. I met Geek, from Conn over the holidays and shared some wine with him, it was great. Roy

Let's get the party going Roy..lol. [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Moved here about three years ago with 40 gallon of finished wine which is long gone but canned the elderberries and blackberries from the freezer.Have used all the elderberries but still have enough blackberries to make 12 gallon which am planning to start a batch today.Bottled all my wines a couple days ago and plan to start four batches of five or six gallon,blackberry,lemon,cranberry-concord from store bought juice and a sour orange when they get ripe enough.
was wrong about being out of elderberries as I found another case of quarts.

Holy Crap. I brought down 10 cases. It's all gone. I had a hip replaced on Nov 20th. I am going to have a knee replaced on 2/3 and I am dry. Now what do I do here just south of The Villages? Dance every evening at 5 PM? Holy Crap!

Latest posts

Back