Cellar Craft Passport instructions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
I'm in the process of doing a couple of the recent passport limited edition wines from cellar craft. The instructions are different than they were last year. Each of the red kit that I am doing, brunello and volcanic red call for a 3 day stabilizing clearing process. Is anyone following these instructions or are you winging it.

This is the first year for the Passport series , last year it was called the Kenridge Showcase collection. Both of them has the same 8 weeks instructions . The Cellar Craft kits have a 6 week instructions . When I did my Petit Verdot kit I was to busy and waited 48 hours instead of 24 hours to add the chitosan pouches . I don't think it is a problem . After I was done adding the kieselsol and refit the airlock I leave the kit to clear for 29 days as per instruction . Most of the time I am on time or late with the instructions . :b

I don't think 3 days is near enough for clearing even if it clears almost instantly. Seems like it continues to clear for 2-3 weeks on most occasions. Sounds like that would be if your following the 6 weeks from pitching the yeast to bottling instructions. Everything is hurry, hurry, hurry......

I guess I was unclear. The process of adding the clearing agents takes three days rather than one. Then 30 days of settling out.

I'm in the process of doing a couple of the recent passport limited edition wines from cellar craft. The instructions are different than they were last year. Each of the red kit that I am doing, brunello and volcanic red call for a 3 day stabilizing clearing process. Is anyone following these instructions or are you winging it.
This is the standard Vineco process for many years. I believe that it is designed to encourage better degassing. I have done it as a 3day process and as a 1 hour process. I don't think it made any difference in the result.

When I ran a Ferment on premises store making wine for customers, I did the 1 hour process.

Steve

This is the standard Vineco process for many years. I believe that it is designed to encourage better degassing. I have done it as a 3day process and as a 1 hour process. I don't think it made any difference in the result.

When I ran a Ferment on premises store making wine for customers, I did the 1 hour process.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I have never done Vineco brand only Wine Expert and Cellar Craft so I have never seen the 3 day process. I don't mind waiting an hour or so between steps but I might forgo the three day ordeal.

Latest posts

Back