WineXpert Limited Edition 2014 Triumph

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jericurl

The Ferminator
Reaction score
Did anyone else snag one of these pre-buys (or any of the other LE2014 kits)?

I dithered for awhile and finally decided to go ahead and get one. It is supposed to be a special blend to commemorate their 25 year anniversary and should be shipped in February.
I copy and pasted the description in case someone hasn't heard of it:

Region
Yakima Valley, Washington

The Yakima Valley is Washingtons coolest and oldest wine region. Near Mount Adams and watered by the Yakima River, the micro climate provides the perfect growing conditions for Bordeaux's (Meritage) three most awarded grapes to ripen to perfection. Washington is on the radar of the world for its excellent agriculture and it is quickly being recoginized for its excellent vinyards.

This amazing wine is a blend of the big three, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Merlot. A classic blended structure that celebrate the traditional great wines of past, lending each grapes stengths to the wine. The Cabernet Sauvignon comes with its firm tannins and armoas of cassis and black currant. The Cabernet Franc injects its spice, peppery nose and red fruit undertones. The Merlot rounds the bright potent qualities of the other grapes out with plum, cherry, and a rounder body to soften the wine slightly. A classic blend time tested and true.

Sweetness: Dry
Body: Medium-full
Alcohol: 13.5%

Did anyone else snag one of these pre-buys (or any of the other LE2014 kits)?

I dithered for awhile and finally decided to go ahead and get one. It is supposed to be a special blend to commemorate their 25 year anniversary and should be shipped in February.
I copy and pasted the description in case someone hasn't heard of it:

Region
Yakima Valley, Washington

The Yakima Valley is Washingtons coolest and oldest wine region. Near Mount Adams and watered by the Yakima River, the micro climate provides the perfect growing conditions for Bordeaux's (Meritage) three most awarded grapes to ripen to perfection. Washington is on the radar of the world for its excellent agriculture and it is quickly being recoginized for its excellent vinyards.

This amazing wine is a blend of the big three, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Merlot. A classic blended structure that celebrate the traditional great wines of past, lending each grapes stengths to the wine. The Cabernet Sauvignon comes with its firm tannins and armoas of cassis and black currant. The Cabernet Franc injects its spice, peppery nose and red fruit undertones. The Merlot rounds the bright potent qualities of the other grapes out with plum, cherry, and a rounder body to soften the wine slightly. A classic blend time tested and true.

Sweetness: Dry
Body: Medium-full
Alcohol: 13.5%

I was considering picking up four out of the five of their LE releases, until I found out about their price fixing scheme. At that point I decided to skip all of Winexpert's LE's this year.

Hmmmmm....well, that's too late for me as I've already ordered but I guess I'd better go research to see what exactly it is that you are talking about...

Hmmmmm....well, that's too late for me as I've already ordered but I guess I'd better go research to see what exactly it is that you are talking about...

That's alright, I had already placed my order for four out of the five Passport LE's instead. Then someone here pointed out that they were now owned by the same company as Winexpert. Oops. On the right side, I did purchase two of the four RJ's limited releases.

I pre-ordered the Triumph, I don't get into the politics of all this price fixing. If I am OK with the price I buy it.

It's not so much politics as it is poor business practice. Either way, if you're not bothered by the price, then I'm sure you'll enjoy the wine, since they at least have a decent track record in regards to quality.

It was a tough decision but I decided to pass on this kit. It was the one I wanted the most out of the WE LE lineup. I have a lot (for me) of reds in carboy and bottle and I had already pre-ordered the Passport Pinot Noir.

I am sure this will be a great wine.

-Josh

I ordered one and have high hopes. I have loved every Yakima wine I have ever had the pleasure of tasting

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I got one. Didn't want to support the price fixing so instead of ordering all the LE's just got this one. Lol, not much of a stance I know but oh well.

I pre-ordered the WE LE Triumph and the RJS RQ Aglianico. The RJS I bought from George at FVW. The WE I bought from label peelers in Ohio; they acknowledged the MAP but offer free shipping, free corks, and a free t-shirt to offset the fixed price, and you also get a free floor corker if you buy a certain quantity of the WE LE kits. I try to spread my orders around to WMT forum sponsors and folks who support the industry. I think that's all I will order, although the SA Chenin Blanc Sauvignon Blanc is tempting.
Heather

I don't know what I was thinking you meant by price fixing scheme.

I knew about them not allowing their kits to be sold under a certain amount, the website I purchased from was pretty up front about it.
I understand about not wanting to do business with someone when you don't support their tactics. I refuse to buy a certain brand of yarn because of how litigious their company is towards other yarn companies.

I guess I'm ok with the price overall so no complaints. It would be different if I thought their product wasn't worth the price.

I was drooling over this wine, but the price was so hi...I first started drinking wine in Yakima Washington so it has the home team appeal for me. Ive gone ahead with ken ridge/passport and spangols I'm sure it will be worth it but I am still stalling on this one still.

No, sorry. I went through Label Peelers.

I really need to check out FVW. I'm pretty sure they are a lot closer to me.

Mine just came in today. Will start it this weekend. I am really looking forward to running this through my barrel. Gonna be be fun.

Latest posts

Back