What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here a shot of the pulled pork smoked on the WSM in just 5 hours. I used the "hot and fast" method I found in one of the T-Roy Cook videos on You Tube. If you're not familiar with T-Roy, this guy is good and has a ton of very well done smoking videos. Link below for the hot and fast video I followed. By the way, it came out just as good as the 10 hour method.
pulled pork 6-20.jpg

Well, here a shot of the pulled pork smoked on the WSM in just 5 hours. I used the "hot and fast" method I found in one of the T-Roy Cook videos on You Tube. If you're not familiar with T-Roy, this guy is good and has a ton of very well done smoking videos. Link below for the hot and fast video I followed. By the way, it came out just as good as the 10 hour method.
View attachment 62583

Looks good! I'm definitely a fan of the higher heat - no water in the pan and let the WSM get to 250-300. Works great for butts and ribs and saves me from the overnight butt cooks.

You can do a 2-2-1 for Baby Backs. I always wrap in foil. Sauce should be on the side!

Went to Costco and got the pork loin backribs, 2 racks in the package. Wife is cooking something else tonight, so will cook the ribs in a day or so. I could've sworn I read "spare ribs" when I grabbed the package, need to Google to see what the difference is... LOL

Edit: So I got the baby back ribs....lol

Happy Father's Day to all. I went to Costco on Wednesday and picked up a very nice brisket, cut the flat off (for burnt ends) put it in the smoker last night at 8, at 5 the flat was up at 190, the main portion was at 175. Pulled the flat, cut into cubes added some sauce. Once the main part was at 190, I poked it, decided it needed to be a bit longer. Then at 195, time to pull and wrap to keep warm. Here's some pictures. Sides were black beans with onions, limes and cilantro, Deviled Eggs, and asparagus with garlic, feta and pepper Jack cheese, bacon bits.
IMG_20200621_115458.jpgIMG_20200621_115455.jpg

Went to Costco and got the pork loin backribs, 2 racks in the package. Wife is cooking something else tonight, so will cook the ribs in a day or so. I could've sworn I read "spare ribs" when I grabbed the package, need to Google to see what the difference is... LOL

Edit: So I got the baby back ribs....lol

FWIW, I like the babybacks better. A matter of personal preference though.

Watching some videos and people really have different style to cooking ribs.

I’m going to try the 2-2-1 tule for these baby back ribs.

St the second 2 hours wrap, do you guys add bbq sauce or you do it at the last 1 hour leg unwrapped?

Right, but don’t you at least glaze it with sauce a bit and then let it harden a bit on the meat?
So what’s the 2-2-1 method? Lol

Like you said before when you were researching the topic, there are many ways to make them. Pick one and decide if you like that. Ultimately it is what you like and to each his own. I do the sauce later because a couple of my kids don't dig it, so I put it on the side and let each decide. I actually think a well made rib doesn't require any sauce. I want to taste all the work I put into making them. Sometimes the sauce can make it hard to taste what type of wood you used since I have to hold back or my daughters won't like them.

If I'm making ribs for just me I'd cook them on chunk wood with very little charcoal because I love the smokey flavor. Probably not good on the carcinogen front, but I'm a geezer and won't live very much longer anyway.

Started from some bee-you-tee-ful lamb rib chops (instead of the lower grade I usually buy). I dry-brined those, and then grilled: potatoes, fennel, scallions, and pan-grilled some 'Bella 'shrooms with soy and EVOO. Those were awesome. Also served some leftover grilled broccoli. The lamb rib chops were cooked over searing heat for a bit under 3 minutes/side, but still turned out a wee bit overdone. (Varis would like them! :) ) All washed down with mu 2017 H3 Syrah from grapes.

61447388097__0C821296-A331-41F6-AE87-F0F9EF3157CA.JPG61447821230__AA43AF76-13DF-4A30-B240-163FE352E643.JPGIMG_0670.JPG

Back