is bucket quality getting better?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyntheef

grunt
Reaction score
I recently bottled the bucket of chilean cab i got this past spring and
it is already showing to be one of the best wines i have ever made. makes me wish i had done 3 or 4. i also have 4 italian varieties going from this fall and
they also seem very good at an early stage. most notably to me is the full body.

i know a lot of people here do buckets as well, so my q. is, have you seen
an improvement in quality of these imports as they become more popular, or am i just noticing a particular vintage and its most likely just a coincidence?

I recently bottled the bucket of chilean cab i got this past spring and
it is already showing to be one of the best wines i have ever made. makes me wish i had done 3 or 4. i also have 4 italian varieties going from this fall and
they also seem very good at an early stage. most notably to me is the full body.

an improvement in quality of these imports as they become more popular, or am i just noticing a particular vintage and its most likely just a coincidence?

I would say the packing and transporting systems should improve over time and that can make a huge difference.
Likely the biggest difference is the vintage. Grape quality can be very different from year to year.

Bucket quaility

:iGINO PINTO STATED AT OUR LAST WINE CLUB MEETING THAT THE WINE COMING IN FROM CALIFORNIA THIS SEASON WAS VERY GOOD QUALITY SO I BOUGHT A PINO NOIR,THE CHILEANS HAVE ,IN THE PAST BEEN VERY GOOD BUT FOR THE PAST 3 SEASONS OR SO LACKING IN BODY AND ALL ARE LACKING AROMA AFTER FERMENTATION,TO THAT GINO PINTO AGREED,WILL SEE WHAT THIS SEASONS JUICE HOLDS, THE JURY'S STILL:wy OUT.:wy

I recently bottled the bucket of Chilean cab i got this past spring and
it is already showing to be one of the best wines i have ever made. makes me wish i had done 3 or 4. i also have 4 Italian varieties going from this fall and

Steve, look for an email or Face book announcement From Presque Isle Wine Cellars on that. We are going to Chilean Melbec and Carmenere wine competition in January. It will be followed up with a workshop where we'll announce the winners and have an open discussion.

Steve, look for an email or Face book announcement From Presque Isle Wine Cellars on that. We are going to Chilean Melbec and Carmenere wine competition in January. It will be followed up with a workshop where we'll announce the winners and have an open discussion.

Dan, did you mean that you are holding a Malbec and Carmenere competition? I made a Carmenere this year and I am a little proud of it. I certainly would like to enter it in a competition if there will be one.

Thanks.

Dan, did you mean that you are holding a Malbec and Carmenere competition? I made a Carmenere this year and I am a little proud of it. I certainly would like to enter it in a competition if there will be one.

Thanks.

Rocky,

How long did you age it? I've got a bucket of Carmenere that I made in May 2012, aging in a Carboy. Was thinking of aging it for another six months in the Carboy, so it would be bulk-aged for one year.

Did you have to do any T.A. adjustments to it?

Thanks,
Bob

Rocky,

How long did you age it? I've got a bucket of Carmenere that I made in May 2012, aging in a Carboy. Was thinking of aging it for another six months in the Carboy, so it would be bulk-aged for one year.

Did you have to do any T.A. adjustments to it?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob,

I started it in March of 2012 and have had it in a carboy since about the end of April. By the time of the get together in Erie, it will be about 10 months of bulk aging. That is not quite as much as I would like to keep it in bulk, but enough that I would bottle some for the event. And, No, I did not do any TA adjustment.

Bob,

I started it in March of 2012 and have had it in a carboy since about the end of April. By the time of the get together in Erie, it will be about 10 months of bulk aging. That is not quite as much as I would like to keep it in bulk, but enough that I would bottle some for the event. And, No, I did not do any TA adjustment.

Did someone mention a ROAD TRIP?????? Dan, I would like to be in the loop on this one! Thanks

Latest posts

Back