Skittle Wine?!?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samh200

Reaction score
Hello all... Think i am going to try this skittle wine but i need a little info...
1. What is pectolase? and do I need it?
2. do I need to make a yeast starter?
3. when do I need to put yeast in?...24hr after?

Hello all... Think i am going to try this skittle wine but i need a little info...
1. What is pectolase? and do I need it?
2. do I need to make a yeast starter?
3. when do I need to put yeast in?...24hr after?

pectolase is the same thing as pectic enzyme, and from the recipes for skittles wine that i have seen, yes, you do need it....as for making a yeast started, i don't think you necessarily need to make one....you should be able to either just rehydrate your yeast prior to adding it, or you could get away with just sprinkling it on top of your must, but you would add it 24 hours after mixing your must and adding a 1/4 of k meta, or i normally refer to as pmbs....

pectolase is the same thing as pectic enzyme, and from the recipes for skittles wine that i have seen, yes, you do need it....as for making a yeast started, i don't think you necessarily need to make one....you should be able to either just rehydrate your yeast prior to adding it, or you could get away with just sprinkling it on top of your must, but you would add it 24 hours after mixing your must and adding a 1/4 of k meta, or i normally refer to as pmbs....

Thanks g8keeper... This is a lot of help... Now maybe I canget me a batch headed in the right direction!!!:b

you are welcome, after all, isn't this what the forum is all about anyways???..... :)

Latest posts

Back