FermCalc for Android

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gross144

Reaction score
I'm in the process of developing an Android-friendly version of FermCalc. You can download a test version of the apk file here. I'll eventually post it on Google Play, but before then I'd like to get feedback on it from other users since I've only tested it on my Android tablet and on some emulators. Use the feedback link at the bottom of the main menu to report any issues, to suggest improvements, or just to let me know how it's working for you. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Enjoy!

Just downloaded on my tablet super awesome app. Left you a 5star review . Look forward to testing the calculations. Can tell the wife but I got to make 20 gallons to make sure that the calculations work.

Is there a calculation that would work for making mead like how much honey to add? Or for cidermakers using Malic vs Tartaric acid conversions? I know, you got 99.9% of the important stuff covered very well, thanks, WVMJ

WVMJ,

The answer to both your questions is yes. The Chaptalization & Dilution calculator lets you choose Honey as the sweetener and will calculate how much to add to achieve a target SG. The Acidity Adjustment calculator has malic acid as one of the acid choices, and you can input/output acidity in g/L malic instead of g/L tartaric if you like.

After making my mead yesterday I had forgot I downloaded your app. Checked the honey weight and addition of sugar it was spot on exact SG Reading.

That's good to know, Rampage4all. Thanks.

BTW, the app is also available now in the Amazon app store in case there are any Fire tablet or phone users out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a function on Fermcalc that adjusts SG to the temperature of the must? We are usually at room temp but are now putting cider in a low temp cooler. WVMJ

Latest posts

Back