Howzit from South Africa

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowbeast

Junior
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm Snowbeast from South Africa.
I really enjoy wines from around the world, but know nothing of the process of making.
I used to brew beer so might one day give wine making a try.
Keen to learn a thing or two.

Cheers,

Snowbeast

Hi Snowbeast,

Welcome from a fellow South African! If you want to start with a kit, brewcraft south africa and beerlabs have kits. Or if you are in the cape you can buy grapes from farmers and make your own from scratch.
Hope you enjoy the process!

To start I did a batch of Skeeter Pee (search this site) and really helped me understand the tools and process. The good thing is that if it goes bad, you only have a few dollars of sugar and lemon invested.

Welcome from a fellow beer brewer. If you still have your equipment from beer brewing you'll be pretty much set up to do the wine "thing". I've found that wine making is much easier than beer brewing, but requires much more patience to enjoy the finished product.

Here's to your first successful batch!

Cheers,

Thank you for the welcomes. I've googled the skeeter pee recipe and it looks easy enough.

RevA, I will have a look at their site this morning. I've been on the beer side, but not much the wine side. Thank you

Thank you for the welcomes. I've googled the skeeter pee recipe and it looks easy enough.

RevA, I will have a look at their site this morning. I've been on the beer side, but not much the wine side. Thank you

It's a pleasure. I dabble on both sides. If you can get berries, look into Dragon blood. It's very tasty!

Btw
Johan at brewmart stocks a very basic munton's wine kit. Though I believe its a dry ingerdients kit that needs added sugar...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back