Washington state wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgift

Reaction score
Wife and I are touring Columbia Gorge, Columbia Valley wine regions and up to Yakama next week after conference, what are your must see/taste suggestions? Love Washington State Wine!

Oh wow, where to start. In the Tri-Cities area (Richland) J. Bookwalter is a MUST stop. In the Prosser area Columbia Crest has an amazing winery and amazing wines. There is also a new 14 Hands winery, Kestrel, Hogue, the new Walter Clore Wine Center is really nice. I would make sure to head to Walla Walla. It is really the Mecca. Must see places are Saviah, Sleight of Hand, L'Ecole No 41, Mark Ryan, Spring Valley, Kontos, Dunham, Cougar Crest, Long Shadow along with many many more.

To quote one of my favorite lines from my favorite wine movie. "These wines are all so good"!

http://www.wallawallawine.com/wineries

Last edited:
I live 30 miles from Walla Walla. Don't worry about getting thirsty, there's something like 130 winerys there. Most have tasting rooms. Most any street in the mainstreet area and all the hiways into WW have good stopping spots.

Meca......Col Solare

Well we are back from our vino vacation in Wash. st.. Wine makers conference in Portland was great, and loved the Columbia River Gorge. The real high point was visiting, touring and tasting at Col Solare vineyard in the new Red Mountain AVA. Will post photos......

One of the hands down BEST bottles of wine I have ever opened was a 2005 Col Solare. That was an amazing year in WA State. Still have one more in the cellar!

One of the hands down BEST bottles of wine I have ever opened was a 2005 Col Solare. That was an amazing year in WA State. Still have one more in the cellar!

I have two in my cellar, one signed by Antinori....I couldn't agree more! I brought back the new 2012. It may liberate one of the 2005's for imbibing.

L1020719.jpg

L1020748.jpg

L1020756.jpg

L1020752.jpg

L1020770.jpg

L1020775.jpg

L1020783.jpg

Cascade Cliffs in the Gorge

Found a real gem just up from White Salmon called Cascade Cliffs Winery. On the bluff above the Columbia they specialize in Italian, Piedmont, varietals. Their Barbara is special....... the best is the 2012 estate reserve. Nice people, beautiful setting and special wines....!

L1020794.jpg

L1020791.jpg

L1020792.jpg

L1020795.jpg

L1020796.jpg

Latest posts

Back